Retention The criteria used to determine our retention periods for job applicants’ Personal Information are: (i) the duration of the application process; (ii) as long as we have an ongoing working relationship with you; (iii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; (iv) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations). Your Personal Information will be added to NetApp’s international candidate database and can be retained and used to consider you for opportunities at NetApp and its affiliates other than the one(s) for which you apply. If you do not wish us to do this, please contact us at email@example.com.
Law Applicable to Job Application The Careers Site allows you to apply for jobs worldwide, as a benefit of NetApp’s centralized global recruitment function. This Careers Site is operated from the United States. Accordingly, any Personal Information you submit to the Careers Site will be collected in the United States and will be subject to U.S. laws. However, if we share your Personal Information with an affiliate located in another country in the Interactions with Job Applicants context, the affiliate will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Any hiring or other employment-related decisions will be made by the hiring affiliate in accordance with the law of the country where the job will be located.
Minors The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect We collect Personal Information about you when you interact with NetApp or our service providers or contractors in the context of exploring or applying for job openings at jobs.netapp.com, submitting applications for employment, attending job fairs or recruiting events, or otherwise engaging in employment and job application activities with NetApp, including Individual Identifiers, Inferences, Employment Records, Education information, Electronic Network Information, Geolocation Data, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, Professional and Employment Related Information, and Sensitive Information Protected under Law.
- We will only collect this information where permitted by law.
- Any information you submit through the Careers Site must be true, complete and not misleading. Submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to a rejection of your application during the application process or disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
- If you provide us with Personal Information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent from that individual prior to providing that information to us.
- Providing Personal Information to us through the Careers Site is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient data, NetApp may be unable to consider your employment application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer, or relocation.
- The Careers Site is operated from the United States. Accordingly, any Personal Information you submit to the Careers Site will be collected in the United States.
Categories of Sources of Information Personal Information collected in the Interactions with Job Applicants context is collected from Original Sources and Third-Party Sources (such as LinkedIn and Indeed Career Builders), as well as from your prior employers and educational institutions you attended.
Third-Party Sources & Potential Candidates. We may use automated systems to enable us to find and recruit job candidates. These automated systems use personal information collected from Original and Third-Party Sources to determine whether an individual meets the requirements that apply for a specific job vacancy. Based on this analysis, our recruiters will be provided with an overview of the profiles that are potentially qualified for the relevant job and they will assess these recommendations and make individualized assessments as to applicant engagement and hiring.
Candidate Database. We may keep your Personal Information in our candidate database, including updating the database from linked Third Party Sources, even if you are not hired from your original application. If you do not wish us to retain your Personal Information for future job opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other sources may include your references, prior employers and educational institutions you attended.
Purpose for Collecting and Basis for Processing of Personal Information Personal Information collected in the Interactions with Job Applicants context is used solely for the purposes of identifying, evaluating, screening, recruiting, and hiring candidates for employment and for business and commercial purposes ancillary to those purposes, as permitted by applicable law. This may include:
- To process your application. We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests;
- To assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job. We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests;
- To conduct reference checks. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests;
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, and to send you information regarding the Careers Site and changes to our terms and policies. We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you;
- To comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests;
- To conduct background checks if we offer you a position. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests; and
- To preserve our other legitimate interests, for example, for administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training, and as generally required to conduct our business within NetApp and its affiliates.
If a Job Applicant’s application is successful and results in hiring, Personal Information we collect in connection with the individual’s application can be incorporated into our human resources system and used to manage the new-hire process; any such information can become part of the individual’s employee file and used for other employment-related purposes.
As discussed below, in certain cases we will ask questions about Sensitive Personal Information Protected under Law for monitoring equal opportunity. We can also inquire about criminal records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law. Otherwise, we ask that you avoid submitting data which may qualify as Sensitive Personal Information protected under Law, except where such data is legally required.
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. NetApp does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on legally protected grounds: race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information in any area or recruitment.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Third Party Advertisement NetApp does not use Personal Information collected in the Interactions with Job Applicants context to provide advertisements regarding goods and services.