New York City is a hub of global financial services, startups, Broadway, and so much more, and this summer, it has more sizzle than ever! Once again, thousands of people will convene at the Javits Center in New York on Thursday, July 11, to learn about the latest cloud innovations from Amazon Web Services (AWS). NetApp® has partnered with AWS for over six years with a successful track record of co-inventing to make managing your data on AWS both simple and cost effective. We’re thrilled to be back at AWS Summit New York as a platinum sponsor.
What’s hot at AWS summit New York this year?
- Many more companies are achieving their cloud goals—such as moving to the cloud and getting out of the data center or finally attaining the performance that their analytical apps demand. Hear from leading companies, such as Intuit and genomics research innovator WuXi NextCODE, to learn how they’re using NetApp cloud data services on AWS to achieve business outcomes that they were not able to reach before. Attend one of our three theater sessions in the expo.
- DEM13-S How Intuit Simplifies Storage on AWS, Theater 2 @ 3:55pm
Learn how Intuit leverages NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP to reduce storage costs and improve their data management capabilities and user experience. Justin Stottlemyer, Director, Distinguished Engineer at Intuit, will share his experience of working with design that uses Amazon EBS, Amazon S3, AWS Transit Gateway, and NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP. He’s used various resources to provide multi-protocol storage services with multiple availability zones, high availability, and multi-regional disaster recovery for over 3,400 AWS accounts.
- DEM12-S WuXi NextCODE Scales Up To Accelerate Data Sequencing in Their Database with NetApp and AWS, Theater 1 @ 4:35pm
The cloud has paved the way for processing massive amounts of data at scale. When it comes to big data, the data sets created by human genome projects are considered to be the largest in the world. Learn how pioneering genomic sequencing company WuXi NextCODE moved from on-premises to cloud to better handle complex and performance-heavy database and genomic sequencing workloads. Discover how this organization was able to do work in genomics sequencing that was previously impossible by achieving the extreme performance that its workloads required.
- Manage Your Database in the Cloud Like A Pro with Cloud Volumes Service for AWS, Theater 2 @ 5:15pm
Oracle workloads are critical for most enterprises, and they figure prominently in considerations for planning an enterprise cloud migration. If you’re looking to offload many standard database and infrastructure management tasks, consider a fully managed service from NetApp as a one-stop storage solution that can handle Oracle databases. Gain insight into the challenges of running databases in the cloud and learn how you can control costs, get guaranteed SLAs, and continually keep your data protected.
- Watch theCUBE live at 2 PM featuring an interview NetApp CTO Jonsi Stefansson.
- NetApp is hosting VIP meetings with executives and technology expert and we’re ready to discuss cloud strategy and explore ideas with you. Contact us directly to discuss arranging a VIP meeting.
- Stop by NetApp booth #601 and see lots of cool demos.
- Learn how NetApp can help you move your data to the cloud fast with centralized, multiprotocol file services—so you don’t have to refactor or rearchitect your apps. You get persistent storage and benefit from cost saving efficiency technologies. Plus, you don’t need to be a storage expert!
- See how you can take advantage of NetApp’s cost-saving enterprise storage management service on AWS. Check out our newest services such as Cloud Tiering, which enables you to automatically move cool data to Amazon S3.
- Are you looking for an easy way to manage containers? Explore a simple way to deploy and manage a Kubernetes cluster on AWS—in just 3 clicks!
- Did I mention that it’s hot in New York in the summertime? Stop by NetApp booth #601 from 4:30 – 6:30 PM and grab yourself a cold beer from our beer station. Chill out with our cloud experts and talk about what you’ve learned at the Summit, and what excites you the most.
Oh yeah, did you know that registration for AWS Summit New York is free? Register today because once the event reaches capacity, registration closes.
See you at AWS Summit New York!