As a NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator, you will have proven skills in performing in-depth support, administrative functions, and performance management for CIFS, NFS, and FCP for SCSI or iSCSI for TCP/IP protocols on a NetApp storage appliance running the Data ONTAP® operating system in NFS and Windows® (CIFS) multiprotocol environments. You will also be able to implement active-active controller configuration and SyncMirror® to ensure continuous data availability and rapid recovery of data in the event of a disaster, and use the SnapMirror®, SnapRestore®, and SnapVault® products to manage and protect mission-critical data.
- Describe the configuration requirements for NFS in a storage appliance environment
- Configure the storage appliance to support Kerberos™ security
- Explain and identify common components of the Common Internet File System (CIFS)
- Create, configure, and manage CIFS shares, groups, and permissions
- Review and identify potential performance issues given storage system statistics
- Analyze NFS performance using sysstat and nfsstat commands
- Investigate, identify, troubleshoot and implement solutions in a CIFS or NFS environment
- Identify supported SAN configurations and necessary hardware and software components (including NetApp Support Console)
- Identify concepts, commands, and procedures for using the UNIX® file system especially in relationship to creating and mounting file systems using UFS on storage system-based LUNs
- Identify the different components and tools required to create a LUN
- Install or update HBA drivers and firmware for FCP for SCSI and iSCSI for TCP/IP protocols
- Use the sio_ntap utility as well as storage system commands to gather data for performance and problem analysis.
- Collect data to assist with troubleshooting hardware, operating systems, and applications
Schedule your exam by calling 1-800-596-3926 or by visiting http://www.prometric.com/NetApp.
Time: 1 hour
ILT Course: Data ONTAP Fundamentals, Release 7.2
ILT Course: Data ONTAP SAN Administration Basics, Release 7.2
ILT Course: Data ONTAP CIFS Administration, Release 7.2
ILT Course: Data ONTAP NFS Administration, Release 7.2
WBT Course: Data ONTAP Fundamentals, Release 7.2
Note: ILT – Instructor-Led Training and WBT – Web-Based Training
(NEW!) Take the practice tests in order to prepare for the NCDA exams:
NCDA – NS0-153 Storage Networking practice test
NCDA – NS0-163 Data Protection Solutions practice test
Log on to NOW™ for access to certification learning paths, course catalogs, and learning opportunities related to NetApp products, solutions, and strategies.
Click here for instructions on how to obtain a NOW account.
Note: Recommended courses may change due to product or technology enhancement and upgrades in the marketplace. Click here for the latest information on NetApp global Authorized Learning Partners and for listings of available courses.