NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer, ONTAP
You have proven skills in performing ONTAP® installation services, adhering to NetApp® quality standards, and using NetApp best practices.
NCSIE ONTAP logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully pass the NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer, ONTAP (NS0-181) exam.
Prepare for Your Exam
NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer, ONTAP (NCSIE ONTAP)
Candidates for the NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer, ONTAP certification should have at least 6 to 12 months of experience with NetApp® ONTAP® solutions, including setting up, configuring, installing, testing, and troubleshooting NetApp storage systems.
It is recommended (but not required) that NCSIE candidates first achieve the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) certification.
Recommended Training and Resources:
- ONTAP Clustered Installation Workshop (ILT)
- ONTAP Cluster Administration (vILT/ILT)
- NetApp Universal FAS Installation (WBT)
- Introduction to NetApp Installation Standard (WBT)
- Practice Test for NS0-181
- View Exam Topics
- Reference Document (PDF)
- Register for NS0-181
- Register for NS0-159
To enroll in NetApp University training, you will need a NetApp Support Site account.
Take Your Exam
The NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer, ONTAP exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
Your results will be available in CertCenter two (2) to five (5) business days after you complete your exam.
The NCSIE ONTAP (NS0-181) exam includes the following topics:
- Basic Installation Topics and Tools
- Describe installation preparation steps
- Describe basic equipment installation steps
- ONTAP Concepts
- Identify general cluster terms used during installation
- Identify ONTAP licensing for 9.1
- ONTAP Networking
- Describe the cluster network, e.g., multi-node, single node clusters
- Demonstrate knowledge of the purpose of the management network
- Identify the networking components in a cluster environment
- ONTAP Switches
- Identify the functions of supported switches
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to configure/verify configuration requirements
- ONTAP Configuration
- Describe how to use NetApp configuration best practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of how a node should be added or replaced
- Customer Handoff
- Describe how to complete the service report
- Demonstrate knowledge of handoff procedures to the customer
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to communicate completion and possible problem status
- Identify contacts for additional help after handoff
Have a question? Contact us.