NetApp Certified Support Engineer – ONTAP Specialist
You have proven skills in troubleshooting, analyzing, and remediating NetApp® Data ONTAP Storage Systems.
NCSE ONTAP Specialist logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully obtain the NetApp Certified Support Engineer (NCSE) certification, then pass the NetApp Certified Support Engineer – ONTAP Specialist (NS0-590) exam.
Prepare for Your Exam
NetApp Certified Support Engineer—ONTAP Specialist
We recommend that NetApp Certified Support Engineer—ONTAP Specialist candidates have six to 12 months of experience with troubleshooting, analysis, and resolution of NetApp Data ONTAP Storage Systems.
Recommended Training and Resources:
- ONTAP Troubleshooting (ILT)
- Practice Test for NS0-590
- View Exam Topics
- Reference document (PDF)
- Register for NS0-590
To enroll in NetApp University training, you will need a NetApp Support Site account.
Take Your Exam
NetApp Certified Support Engineer - ONTAP Specialist
The NS0-590 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
The NS0-590 exam includes the following topics:
- Demonstrate knowledge of user space process troubleshooting
- Describe WAFL recovery
- Demonstrate knowledge of aggregate relocation (ARL) or volume moves
- Demonstrate knowledge of quorum troubleshooting
- Demonstrate knowledge of cluster or node recovery
- Describe storage efficiency
Platform and Storage
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to fix faulty storage components
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot for SAS/FC-AL cabling issues
- Describe how to decode FIFO strings
- Demonstrate knowledge how to solve HA hardware issues
Networking and Protocols
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot SAN connectivity
- Demonstrate knowledge about advanced network troubleshooting
- Describe NAS troubleshooting
- Describe how to perform packet trace–based troubleshooting
- Describe the differences in NFS versions
- Describe different SMB features
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to analyze performance issues
- Identify WAFL structure
Have a question? Contact us.