NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN Specialist
You have proven skills planning, implementing, integrating, and troubleshooting ONTAP SAN, FC switched fabrics and Ethernet iSCSI/FCoE solutions, and different operating systems (Windows, LINUX, ESX, UNIX) and applications.
NCIE—SAN Specialist, ONTAP logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully obtain NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP (NCDA ONTAP) certification, then pass the NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN (NS0-519) exam.
NCIE—SAN Specialist, E-Series logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully pass the NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN, E-Series (NS0-515) exam.
Prepare for Your Exam
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN Specialist, ONTAP
We recommend that NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer–SAN, ONTAP candidates have six to 12 months of experience in planning, implementing, and validating end-to-end SAN solutions for customers in FC and iSCSI environments. Experience in SAN implementation within virtualized environments and within clustered environments is highly recommended.
NCIE-SAN Specialist, ONTAP candidates must first achieve the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) certification.
Recommended Training and Resources:
- ONTAP SAN Fundamentals (WBT)
- SAN Administration
- SAN Implementation – Switch Configuration (WBT)
- SAN Implementation (ILT)
- Practice Test for NS0-519
- View Exam Topics
- Reference document (PDF)
- Register for NS0-519
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN, E-Series
We recommend that NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer–SAN, E-Series candidates have six to 12 months of experience in installing, configuring, and managing E-Series storage systems in various SAN environments to provide reliable, high-performance block storage solutions.
Recommended Training and Resources:
- E-Series Fundamentals (WBT)
- Configuring and Monitoring NetApp E-Series and EF-Series Storage Systems (ILT)
- Practice Test for NS0-515
- View Exam Topics
- Register for NS0-515
To enroll in NetApp University training courses, you will need a NetApp Support Site account.
Take Your Exam
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN, ONTAP
The NS0-519 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
The NCIE-SAN, ONTAP (NS0-519) exam includes the following topics:
ONTAP® SAN solution assessment
- Identify that all prerequisites for the installation of NetApp® system, hosts, and FCP/FCoE switches are verified.
- Identify a detailed inventory of SAN components
- Describe the solution design and the hardware provisioned to meet customer’s requirements and expectations.
ONTAP SAN planning
- Identify environmental and physical considerations
- Describe storage controller configuration concepts
- Describe switch configuration concepts
- Describe host configuration concepts
- Describe storage space utilization or management concepts
ONTAP SAN implementation and configuration
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system node configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of SVM configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system FCP or NVMe configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system iSCSI configuration tasks
- Describe how to configure switches
- Describe how to configure host systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of storage space utilization or management concepts
ONTAP SAN implementation testing and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate knowledge of testing tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting tasks
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer –SAN, E-Series
The NS0-515 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
The NCIE-SAN, E-Series (NS0-515) exam includes the following topics:
- Describe how to setup alerting and notification for the E-Series system.
- Describe how to create and administer Volume Groups or DDP and associated volumes.
- Describe physical and logical storage requirements.
- Describe the setup of CHAP for an iSCSI environment.
- Describe when to use DDP or Volume Groups.
- Describe the process of reviewing and preparing a site for implementation of E-Series.
- Describe the information you give a customer after deploying a solution.
- Describe the hardware components in an E-Series storage system.
- Describe Fibre Channel, Ethernet, Infiniband and SAS cabling.
- Describe the appropriate tasks for adding additional storage to an E-Series system.
- Describe drive encryption features.
- Describe the different host connection options for E-Series systems.
- Describe how to configure hosts for multipathing.
- Describe the administrative tasks for managing E-Series systems with SANtricity System Manager.
- Describe the management security features in SANtricity System Manager and SANtricity Unified Manager.
- Describe when and how to configure and use SANtricity Unified Manager.
- Describe the tools required to design and implement an E-Series solution.
- Describe how Data Assurance with media scan protects your data.
- Describe SANtricity data protection features.
- Describe the end-to-end network configuration for Fibre Channel and Ethernet.
- Demonstrate the steps for troubleshooting an E-Series system.
- Demonstrate how to analyze multipathing issues between a host and an E-Series system.
Your results will be available in CertCenter two (2) to five (5) business days after you complete your exam.
Have a question? Contact us.