As a NetApp SAN Implementation Engineer, you will have proven skills in implementing customer storage requirements, implementing Fibre Channel and iSCSI SAN solutions, and integrating different operating systems and applications such as Microsoft® Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2®, and Oracle®.
- Ensure that the solution design and the hardware provisioned do not fall short of the customer's requirements and expectations
- Plan space capacity for disk volumes, LUNs
- Prepare site and install systems and FC switches
- Successfully connect NetApp systems to switches
- Configure and validate SnapDrive® and perform LUN management with SnapDrive
- Create igroups and perform LUN management for hosts without SnapDrive
Schedule your exam by calling 1-800-596-3926 or by visiting http://www.prometric.com/NetApp.
Time: 1 hour
- SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association)
- Principles of SAN Design
- Designing Storage Area Networks: A Practical Reference for Implementing Fibre Channel and IP SANs (2nd Edition)
- Appropriate HBA Manufacturers' iSCSI Spec Sheets
- iFCP Specs; FCIP Specs
- Brocade Fibre Channel Guide
- SnapManager® functional Specs
- Solaris™ Administration Guide
- iSCSI Configuration Guide
- NetApp Fall Classic Recorded Sessions
- Fall Classic VOD Module 60 – VMware on a NetApp Solution
- Fall Classic VOD Module 61 – VMware on NetApp in Depth
- Block Access Management Guide
- WBT: Fibre Channel SAN Troubleshooting
- WBT: IP SAN Troubleshooting
- WBT: SnapDrive® Unix® Plan & Install
- WBT: SnapDrive for Windows® Overview
- WBT: SnapDrive for Windows Operate and Troubleshoot
- WBT: SnapDrive for Windows Plan & Install
Note: ILT – Instructor-Led Training and WBT – Web-Based Training
Log on to NOW™ for access to certification learning paths, course catalogs, and learning opportunities related to NetApp products, solutions, and strategies.
Click here instructions on how to obtain a NOW account.
Note: Recommended courses may change due to product or technology enhancement and upgrades in the marketplace. Click here for the latest information on NetApp global Authorized Learning Partners and for listings of available courses.