ONTAP Data Security
Ensure company and customer data is secure across your hybrid cloud.
Encryption for your hybrid cloud.
Flexible encryption and key management solutions help you guard your sensitive data on-premises, in the cloud, and in transit:
- Protect your data at rest with hardware and software-based AES-256 bit encryption solutions.
- Maintain data encryption in transit for your backup and disaster recovery data using Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Onboard and external key management encryption solutions can achieve FIPS 140-2 compliance.
- Encrypt NAS data over the wire with NFSv4 krb5p and SMBv3 encryption.
Comply with the most stringent regulations.
Address governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) requirements with confidence:
- Secure purge helps you meet privacy standards, including GDPR, by cryptographically shredding and sanitizing individual files.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) protects data if the storage array is stolen or compromised, using encryption and secure boot solutions.
- “Write once, read many” (WORM) file locking ensures compliance with strict regulations and enables efficient recovery from ransomware attacks.
- Comprehensive logging and auditing monitors user activity and provides visibility to operations teams and management.
Address today’s security threats.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) protects against weak administrative passwords, the leading cause of system compromises.
- Designate and validate authorized users with role-based access control (RBAC).
- Secure multi-tenancy provides isolation and segmentation for clients or organizations within a single common cluster.
- Storage level file security prevents unauthorized administrators from accessing or deleting critical intellectual property.
“Today we have an infrastructure that is more transparent than before. It provides services that are flexible enough to sustain our own business needs and those of our customers in terms of data movement, data security, and data protection.”
Salvatore Pulvirenti | CIO, Tiscali