General Motors, let us show you how we can empower and inspire Data Visionaries like you…
Technology is impacting the auto industry in a big way. And we’re ready to help you make the most of it.
As General Motors continues to generate zettabytes of data from its business, customers, and vehicles, our high-performance solutions can help manage and extract value from it all—enabling you to reduce infrastructure costs, gain business and customer insights, increase IT efficiency, and more.
Our solutions and hybrid cloud innovations can help you become a true Data Visionary—tearing down silos and building bridges between clouds to do revolutionary things with your data.
Whether it’s ensuring application performance, migrating to all-flash storage, enabling deeper insight, ensuring data mobility, integrating third-party partner data into your ecosystem, or any other data management challenge, our team is ready to help General Motors accomplish more.
Explore this page to learn about how we can help.
Accelerate Your Business
NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF) systems can provide General Motors with reliable, lightning-fast performance, superior flexibility, and best-in-class data management.
Built on NetApp ONTAP data management software, AFF systems can help speed up General Motors IT without compromising the efficiency, reliability, or flexibility of your IT operations.
As an enterprise-grade, all-flash array, these solutions accelerate and protect your business-critical data while enabling simplified scalability.
- Accelerate applications with the fastest unified scale-out all-flash array—up to 7M IOPS at submillisecond latency and over 360PB effective capacity
- Transform your data center economics with best-in-class flash density: a complete flash system of 1PB in a 4U compact enclosure
- Reduce power use by 11 times and rack space by 19 times, and cut support costs by 67%
- Unify data management for both SAN and NAS environments, from flash to disk to cloud
- Provision storage system and serve data within 10 minutes
- Reduce SSD storage by 5 to 10 times on average with inline data reduction technologies
Ensure Performance for High-Bandwidth, Business-Critical Applications
NetApp® SAN solutions—such as NetApp E-Series solutions—can provide General Motors with non-disruptive operations, proven efficiency, and seamless scalability within a unified storage architecture, even for your most bandwidth-intensive applications.
Our E-Series solutions provide performance-efficient block storage for application-driven workloads, with enterprise functionality and integrated management plugins for a variety of platforms. They stand for more than 30 years of success and expertise in SAN storage, offering benefits that can help General Motors ensure performance and reduce management overhead:
- Get maximum throughput and IOPS with a storage OS built for performance.
- Deliver >99.999% availability via a production-proven operating system.
- Leverage proven, reliable enterprise storage—nearly 1M units installed.
- Simplify administration and improve data protection with Dynamic Disk Pools.
- Improve data security with support for FIPS-compliant drives.
Optimize Visibility for Your On-Premises and Cloud Environments
As enterprise organizations seek to embrace hybrid cloud, their most valuable ally is often information—so they can make smarter decisions, avoid risk, and minimize costs.
NetApp® OnCommand® Insight management software can help General Motors enable consistent insight across your on-premises and cloud environments so you can better monitor and manage storage, compute, and switching infrastructures.
Using this solution, you can optimize your current infrastructure and right-size operations to meet business demands. It simplifies the process of determining what and when to buy while taking the risk out of complex technology migrations, such as moving to a hybrid cloud, by identifying which workloads are candidates for cloud migration.
- Discover and monitors resources and fully understand their relationships and dependencies
- Prevent issues and downtime with proactive alerting and fast troubleshooting via advanced analytics
- Optimize resources with accurate workload placements and ensure optimal cost alignment with service levels and showback
- Get a centralized view into historical trends and forecast performance and capacity requirements
- Enables business processes and workflows such as billing, cost, change management, and automation