At NetApp, the health and safety of our employees, customers, and partners is our number one priority. Like all businesses, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are following guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and international and local health authorities in countries where we operate.
Our goal is to reduce the risk that anyone at NetApp might contract or inadvertently spread the virus. We have taken the following proactive steps to protect ourselves and others and minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Implemented work-from-home for the majority of locations in accordance with guidance from the CDC, WHO and local government and health authorities
- Travel freeze to or from high-risk countries
- Restricted all travel to business-critical activities with enhanced notification and approval requirements
- Access restrictions to NetApp facilities, including for employees and social and familial visitors
- Optimized all internal meetings for remote participation
- Meetings with customers, partners and other key stakeholders conducted virtually in high-risk areas
As can be expected, we are monitoring the situation closely and may implement further measures in coordination with best practices and updated guidance from the relevant authorities.
We want to thank the NetApp team, partners and customers for their patience and understanding.