NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), driving digital transformation of the healthcare industry, today announced it now serves 63% of the top 140 hospitals in the United States. Dave Nesvisky, NetApp’s healthcare executive director, predicts that in 2018, machine learning, artificial intelligence, mobility, cloud access, wearables and the Internet of Things (IoT) will continue to disrupt and drive digital transformation of the healthcare industry.
“The question is no longer if you’ll need your data, it’s how you are storing, securing and accessing your data to improve outcomes, make clinical discoveries, and save lives,” said Nesvisky. “Healthcare organizations that modernize their infrastructure will quickly leapfrog competitors, provide superior care, and improve outcomes as a direct result of increased performance, flexibility, scalability, automation, and integration into a single Data Fabric.”
As one of the few data management companies with a dedicated healthcare solutions team, NetApp® is uniquely positioned to assist healthcare organizations in unleashing the full potential of their data to drive down costs and improve patient care. With NetApp® technology, healthcare organizations can streamline access to critical data; drastically reduce electronic health record (EHR) latency; and leverage data across departments, facilities, and institutions to provide insights and ultimately enhance care. NetApp solutions provide secure access to critical information, so customers can quickly accelerate workloads and analytics and can integrate cloud data services with industry-leading simplicity and efficiency.
To further underscore its commitment to the healthcare market, NetApp made a series of important announcements in 2017 designed to improve application performance, simplify medical image management, offer a higher-performance infrastructure for machine learning, and back up to cloud with a single, unified operating system for all hospital applications, both enterprise and clinical. These announcements included:
- NetApp ONTAP® 9.3 enhancements of 40% higher performance and 30% greater data efficiency, along with expanded security features—without forklift migrations.
- Future support for Microsoft Azure-integrated NFS as a service (NFSaaS) will extend data services into the cloud. “Now even the most demanding healthcare applications have a choice in hybrid cloud deployments while maintaining the data management power of the NetApp infrastructure,” said NetApp Principal Flash Architect Andy Grimes. “This represents a significant opportunity for healthcare providers and payers to get the most out of the data that they collect, secure, and manage.”
- NetApp HCI can help healthcare organizations streamline access to critical data and unify data management to deliver simple and secure access to information, without downtime.
Dedicated to helping customers unlock the value of their data, NetApp Healthcare looks forward to driving the digital transformation of hospitals, urgent-care facilities, rehabilitation centers, specialty groups, radiology clinics, psychiatric hospitals, critical-care organizations, and surgery centers worldwide in 2018.
- Read NetApp Healthcare 2018 Predictions.
- Learn more about NetApp Healthcare.
- Talk to NetApp healthcare solutions experts at HIMSS (booth #6432).
- For a complimentary copy of the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, go here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations. For more information, visit www.netapp.com. #DataDriven
1 408 419 5263
NETAPP, the NETAPP logo, and the marks listed at www.netapp.com/TM are trademarks of NetApp, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.  Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays” by Valdis Filks, Joseph Unsworth, Santhosh Rao, John Monroe, 13 July 2017.