Digital technologies that improve the patient experience and reduce IT cost of ownership are top of mind for healthcare organizations. At the 2017 HIMSS conference, NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) will share its vision for simplifying healthcare IT and how its cloud-connected data management offerings dramatically improve data center economics. The conference runs from February 19 to 23 in Orlando, Florida.
“More than 4,000 healthcare customers trust NetApp with their most important asset – their data,” says Dave Nesvisky, senior director, NetApp Healthcare. “NetApp’s innovation positions the company to unify, standardize, and simplify infrastructure – streamlining IT management and maximizing savings while still providing rapid, reliable access to the clinical data that improves patient care.”
Booth #1771: Meet Experts, Explore Topics, and Experience the TCO Calculator
With NetApp’s presence at HIMSS17, visitors can:
- Access NetApp business and technical expertise in a VIP meeting at the NetApp booth (#1771). Before the conference, visitors can investigate topics and request a meeting.
- Dive deep into critical topics: security, cloud, and solutions for accelerating efficiency with a unified operating system. NetApp will also cover workflow automation, converged infrastructure, and industry-leading flash technology.
- Use the TCO Calculator in the NetApp booth and discover the savings potential with NetApp.
- Join NetApp and its partners for various networking opportunities, including the Modern Wonders VIP event.
How Customers Adapt to Healthcare Demands with NetApp
At HIMSS17, NetApp will showcase how its customers adapt to healthcare challenges with confidence, leveraging data management solutions to simplify healthcare IT and reduce total cost of ownership.
Tucson Medical: Providing Always-On Access for Digital Hospitals
Faced with rapidly growing data volumes from its core Epic software and from retention of data for HIPAA guidelines, Tucson Medical Center (TMC) partnered with NetApp on a solution. Clinicians require constant access to life-saving data, so TMC has no tolerance for outages.
“With NetApp, we have not had downtime, which gets overlooked because it’s unheard of. But it’s a phenomenal statistic,” says Drew Burnett, systems and network manager of TMC. “It makes my job easier; it keeps my hair from going as gray.”
NetApp technology has been an instrumental tool in virtualizing 98% of TMC’s more than 700 applications. It also allows the healthcare organization to support its 1,300 users concurrently, a competitive advantage that improves the patient experience and quality of outcomes.
Engage: Securely Backing Up Records to the Cloud
Sophisticated healthcare applications, data-intensive technologies such as MRIs, new Internet of Things (IoT) sensors, and personal devices are generating patient data faster than ever. Healthcare providers feel challenged to meet requirements while containing costs and improving patient care.
Engage, the technology division of nonprofit Inland Northwest Health Services (INHS), helps medical centers leverage IT to enhance both operational efficiencies and quality of care. When the cost and time of maintaining its tape-based backup service began to soar, Engage worked with NetApp to provide off-site replication. That technology laid the groundwork for a new backup-to-cloud service.
“NetApp technology is helping us help our customers direct more time and money into patient care,” says Frank Tollefson, assistant director of network services, INHS/Engage. “And that is what our business is all about.”
Additional Resources for Healthcare Organizations
- Learn more about NetApp at HIMSS17 in our Healthcare Community.
- Get information about NetApp® healthcare solutions.
- Read the blog from NetApp Senior Director Dave Nesvisky.
- Read the new case study from Mercy Technology Services.
- Read the new blog about Tucson Medical Center.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter.
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store data. We help customers capitalize on the value of their data in the hybrid cloud through our Data Fabric strategy, data management expertise, portfolio and ecosystem. To learn more, visit www.netapp.com.
1 408 822 6870