Enhanced data protection software reduces risk of data loss, expands choice of cloud resources
Sunnyvale, CA. — June 14, 2016 —"Working with our clients to plan and schedule a migration and pointing their systems to the new data—all this has to be done in a very short period of time. In healthcare and, specifically, hospitals, there is no downtime," said Jim Avazpour, director, I&O Platforms, Cerner. "With NetApp OnCommand Insight we have the ability to proactively triage and address an incident quickly without downtime and can confidently migrate our clients' data in real time during business hours."
NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced enhancements to its data protection software, including NetApp® OnCommand® Insight. The company also introduced NetApp Data Protection Solutions for Microsoft Office 365 to help customers reduce the risk of data loss while enabling business continuity with the right mix of cloud resources.
"The data protection and recovery software market continues to show solid growth. The advancement of virtual computing and cloud computing and the need for rapid data recovery are forcing IT organizations to continuously augment their data protection strategies," said Phil Goodwin, research director, IDC Storage Group. "NetApp's data protection portfolio offers users a range of solutions, from cloud-integrated backup and archive to site-to-site high availability, which balance cost, recovery time, and risk."
OnCommand Insight software provides operational intelligence, business insight and IT ecosystem integration within complex enterprise environments. OnCommand Insight allows IT teams to respond more quickly to business needs by reducing cost, increasing efficiency, and mitigating risk. The latest release of OnCommand Insight offers simplified management with new reports and dashboards which help enterprises manage capacity, performance, and detect risks to IT applications and services. And, with a tighter integration between OnCommand Unified Manager and OnCommand Performance Manager, users will have a streamlined and customized management experience, while maintaining a comprehensive view of storage clusters.
Also announced, NetApp Data Protection Solutions for Microsoft Office 365 offer reliable backup and restore of SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Exchange Online data. Enterprise customers moving data to Office 365 can choose NetApp AltaVault™ storage for cloud-integrated storage with NetApp StorageGRID® Webscale for cost-effective, long-term storage. Or they can choose NetApp All Flash FAS and FAS storage systems residing on the premises. This solution can also be combined with NetApp Private Storage for high-performance and low-latency storage that provides complete control over the data.
NetApp also introduced new releases of:
- AltaVault—AltaVault cloud-integrated storage speeds recovery and reduces risk, enabling customers to securely back up data to any cloud. With the addition of four new cloud providers and integration with a range of backup software solutions and hypervisors, users can now protect branch offices in the cloud.
- SnapCenter—NetApp SnapCenter® software helps enterprises empower application and database administrators to self-manage their data protection and copies. The latest release now includes backup, restore, and cloning of both SQL Server and Oracle databases from a central management interface.
- MetroCluster—Customers using NetApp MetroCluster™ technology can avoid the impact of regional disasters with increased replication distances, up to 300km between sites, to better support infrastructure uptime objectives.
- SnapMirror—NetApp SnapMirror® unified replication enables customers to increase efficiency and reduce costs for disaster recovery and backup. Now, customers purchasing a SnapMirror license also receive a NetApp SnapVault® license to enable both remote mirroring and point-in-time backup and restore.
“The combination of Veritas NetBackup and NetApp AltaVault helps customers take advantage of the economics of the cloud while preserving their backup infrastructure investment,” said Simon Jelley, vice president Product Management, Veritas. “By combining NetBackup and AltaVault cloud-integrated storage, customers can securely backup data to virtually any cloud storage platform with tremendous cost savings.”
“Data is no longer just an IT challenge—it’s a strategic business asset. It requires the engagement of the workforce, an ecosystem of strategic partners, and an integrated approach to data protection across the organization to realize the full value of data,” said Tim Russell, vice president, Product Management, NetApp. “We help our customers simplify the protection and management of their data regardless of data type, location, or infrastructure.”
- Read more about NetApp data protection solutions for Office 365.
- Learn why partnerships are critical for data security in the cloud.
- Find deploy and transition services to help you.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter.
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future. To learn more visit www.netapp.com.
1 408 822 1447