NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) experts will share the latest innovations in data management across private, hybrid, and public clouds at AWS re:Invent 2015 at The Venetian in Las Vegas from October 6 to 9.
The NetApp team will unveil NetApp® OnCommand® Cloud Manager 2.0 and support for Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) Standard-Infrequent Access (Standard-IA) in booth #1126. NetApp Chief Strategy Officer Jon Kissane will also give a Lightning Talk on the benefits of building a Data Fabric with NetApp and Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions.
- OnCommand Cloud Manager 2.0 demonstration (booth #1126)—Gain a new level of control over shared storage infrastructure with OnCommand Cloud Manager (OCCM) 2.0. OCCM can now launch NetApp Cloud ONTAP® encrypted systems, support AWS Magnetic Elastic Block Store disks, upgrade Cloud ONTAP directly from OCCM, and change licenses between pay-as-you-go configurations. The systems can also enhance discovery and management of NetApp Private Storage for cloud solutions.
- NetApp AltaVault integration with S3 Standard-IA demonstration (booth #1126)—NetApp was one of the first partners to announce intended support for the new tier of S3 storage, which gives customers an option for cloud storage that is affordable and can be quickly accessed. AltaVault, the NetApp cloud-integrated storage appliance for backup and archive, will support S3 Standard-IA by the end of the year. A preview demonstration will be available at re:Invent.
- Jon Kissane, chief strategy officer, will deliver the Lightning Talk “Design and Build a Resilient Enterprise Hybrid Cloud with NetApp and AWS.”—The talk will be given in the AWS Partner Theater (booth #645) at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 6, and again at 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday, October 7. Kissane will introduce attendees to the potential of the Data Fabric, NetApp’s vision for the future of data management. The Data Fabric enables users to seamlessly manage data as it flows from flash to disk to the cloud. In this session, Kissane will discuss building a Data Fabric with NetApp and AWS, including solutions for data protection, disaster recovery, test and development, and other applications.
- NetApp customer King County shares success in a session titled “A Framework for IT and Business Transformation.”—On Thursday, October 8, from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. at Titian 2306, participants from AWS, King County, and Georgetown University will discuss how AWS helps customers lower cost through its “pay for what you use” pricing model. They will also explain the TCO analysis methodology while exploring the financial considerations of owning and operating a traditional data center or working with a managed hosting provider compared to using AWS services. Customers will also share their process for developing the right cost savings and optimization model.
- Learn more about NetApp solutions for AWS.
- Explore OnCommand Cloud Manager 2.0.
- Learn more about AltaVault’s support for S3 Standard-IA.
- Customers and partners can learn more about NetApp flash and other innovations at our annual technical conference. Registration is now open for events in Las Vegas and Berlin. Go to NetApp Insight 2015 for details.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter.
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future. To learn more, visit www.netapp.com.
1 408 822 6403