To help customers leverage a hybrid cloud approach, NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced updates to the NetApp® Solution for Oracle Database, which includes enhancements for Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c. The NetApp Solution for Oracle Database is a collection of products, technologies, reference architectures, and services that are brought together in a repeatable manner for deployment in Oracle Database customer environments. These integrations extend the choice customers have to adopt the right solutions for their cloud environment. It also allows joint customers to take advantage of a universal data platform built on patented NetApp Data ONTAP® technology, which enables them to confidently manage and maintain control of their data in the cloud, accelerating innovation and IT responsiveness.
To learn more about NetApp’s solutions and relationship with Oracle, visit NetApp 360.
- NetApp continues to deepen its relationship with Oracle to help organizations move their business-critical applications to private and public clouds, allowing them to take full advantage of the agility, scalability, and efficiency that the cloud enables.
- Building on NetApp’s Oracle Validated Integration of the NetApp Storage System Plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager and the release of the NetApp Cloning Plug-In for Oracle Database 12c, today’s announcement means that mutual customers can more easily and effectively manage their data across private and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Learn more about innovative data management solutions for cloud environments that provide Oracle technology as a service at the NetApp booth (#901) at Oracle OpenWorld. Also, join NetApp for an Oracle OpenWorld speaking session (CON9583) titled “Harness the Power of Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Database as a Service” on September 24 at 3:45 p.m. in Moscone South room 305.
Technology News in Depth
- Quickly Clone Multi-Tenant Cloud Environments to Save Time and Money
Organizations running Oracle Database 12c on NetApp storage can save significant time and money by using the NetApp Cloning Plug-In for Oracle Database, which supports the cloning functionality for multi-tenant cloud environments. Through the use of integrated database commands, customers can make Snapshot™ copies of existing databases using NetApp FlexClone® technology to reduce development times to seconds instead of hours or minutes, and these copies utilize only a fraction of the original storage footprint for increased efficiency and cost savings.
- Easily Deploy, Manage, and Monitor Data in the Cloud
With new updates to the NetApp Storage System Plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, customers can monitor NetApp storage based on clustered Data ONTAP in a private or public cloud environment from a single user interface. With the integration between NetApp FlexClone and Oracle Enterprise Manager’s Database as a Service solution, customers can setup, deploy, and retire databases on the fly with little effort and minimal overhead using a self-service model. Customers can also create Snapshot copies of their databases and restore them instantaneously from the self-service portal.
NetApp Executive Quote
Brendon Howe, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing
“NetApp has a vision of enabling customers to achieve maximum business success by leveraging the cloud. With more than a decade of joint product testing and innovation between the two companies, we are rolling out offerings that help customers quickly deploy Oracle application and database environments while storing and managing this business-critical data across multiple cloud resources.”
Sushil Kumar, Vice President Product Strategy and Business Development, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle
“Oracle is helping businesses evolve their IT environments to private and public clouds. With Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, we have delivered end-to-end visibility for public and private cloud service providers. Working with NetApp to deepen our integration, we have been able to provide deep insight and control for our customers’ data environments, enabling faster adoption of the cloud self-service model for database deployments and significant gains in business agility and service quality.”
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit www.oracle.com/partners.
About Oracle Validated Integration
Oracle Validated Integration, available through the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), gives customers confidence that the integration of complementary partner software products with Oracle Applications and specific Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions have been validated, and the products work together as designed. This can help customers reduce risk, improve system implementation cycles, and provide for smoother upgrades and simpler maintenance. Oracle Validated Integration applies a rigorous technical process to review partner integrations. Partners who have successfully completed the program are authorized to use the “Oracle Validated Integration” logo. For more information, please visit Oracle.com at www.oracle.com/us/partnerships/solutions/index.html.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, Data ONTAP, FlexClone, and Snapshot are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Use of the word “partner” does not imply a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company. Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.