Cyber attacks on government agencies at all levels are increasingly common. Given the targeted nature of these attacks, it is crucial for technology defense strategies to consider each agency’s network environment and specific challenges. The NetApp U.S. Public Sector Cyber Alliance was launched to address this complexity and to enable technology companies to work closely together to provide proven, integrated solutions.
The NetApp Cyber Alliance is a collaborative program designed to establish partnerships and to enhance the interoperability of cyber solutions based on NetApp® storage, virtualization, and big data technologies that help government agencies to go further, faster in providing services to their constituents. The main goal of the program is to develop capabilities that enable organizations to better mitigate and respond to cyber threats.
NetApp today announced that many best-of-breed security companies have joined the alliance, offering a broad range of integrated solutions to meet every agency’s cyber security challenges. Companies that have joined the Cyber Alliance include:
- nPulse Technologies, the performance leader in flow and packet capture and analysis
- Merlin International, a leader in cyber security that offers a full complement of technology and service solutions for healthcare, civilian, defense, and intelligence agencies
- Cybertap, a leader in forensic search that applies "big data" analytics to security forensics and business intelligence
- Unisys, a worldwide information technology company that specializes in helping agencies secure their operations and increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers
- Glimmerglass, which develops and sells CyberSweep, the world’s only fully integrated, centrally controlled system for sweeping actionable intelligence from optical signals
- Tripwire, whose software products protect sensitive data and critical infrastructure from breaches, vulnerabilities, and threats
- SAIFE, a unit of Cummings Engineering that provides security as a service, allowing many commercial off-the-shelf smart phones and tablets to communicate securely
- Splunk, whose products include Splunk Enterprise, the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence. More than 2,000 organizations use Splunk Enterprise as a big data security intelligence platform to collect a wide variety of data for real-time monitoring, analysis, and correlation to help identify advanced security threats and malicious insiders.
Mark Weber, president of NetApp U.S. Public Sector
“Cross-collaboration between the leading security companies is essential for delivering the best security solutions to our government customers. The growing list of members of the Cyber Alliance all bring cutting-edge technology that delivers the security that agency executives are looking for. Our ability to work together on a proven, integrated solution brings the best value to our customers.”
“Joining forces with NetApp as a charter member of the Cyber Alliance Program has accelerated our business," said Tim Sullivan, president and CEO of nPulse Technologies, Inc. "It has enabled us to offer an orthogonal solution to the problem of providing 30 days' full packet capture on 10 gigabit per second networks by combining our speed of capture with NetApp's scale of storage. We have proved our NetPulse solution through several successful pilots of the technology across the federal government, which are now moving to deployment.”
"SAIFE and NetApp ultimately have the same mission: to provide comprehensive security solutions for our government agencies,” said Darren Cummings, CEO and founder of SAIFE. “Our security as a service framework secures and manages digital communication on many existing devices, networks, and infrastructures, including protecting and transporting data and voice over mobile devices, commercial networks, and public cloud infrastructures.”
“Cisco is dedicated to working with NetApp and our strategic partners to solve our customers' most demanding mission challenges,” said Gary Hall, chief architect for Cisco's Federal Intel Operation. “I’m excited to see the NetApp and Cisco FlexPod® data center architecture being used as an innovative, validated platform to support mission-critical cyber solutions. The SAIFE framework complements Cisco's infrastructure, collaboration, and security solutions to protect customers' critical data. SAIFE is an innovative software approach to holistic, mobile-enabled security that helps to address the concerns of interoperability and scalability. Integrating SAIFE technology with Cisco and NetApp helps to protect data throughout the entire lifecycle — from mobile workspaces, through intelligent networks, to secure FlexPod data centers."
"Organizations need continuous monitoring and real-time visibility to secure data and infrastructure in NAS and virtualized environments," said Dwayne Melancon, Tripwire's chief technology officer. "We are pleased to work with NetApp to provide industry-leading, automated security and compliance capabilities. These capabilities are essential for reducing the attack surface of your infrastructure, finding vulnerabilities and attacks more quickly, and making security data visible and actionable."
"Organizations are realizing that all data is security-relevant data. Coupled with the accelerating growth of machine data, a new paradigm is emerging with respect to how data is managed, stored, and secured,” said Bill Gaylord, senior vice president of Business Development at Splunk. “Working together, as part of the Cyber Alliance, Splunk and NetApp enable agencies to securely manage the explosion of data across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. More importantly, analysts can now take advantage of the rich analytics made possible through access to large volumes of machine data. The ability to combine data in flight and data at rest for real-time and historical analytics will drive better and faster answers, which are critical in today’s world of zero day and advanced persistent threats.”
"Our partnership with the NetApp Cyber Alliance provides an opportunity to work with other industry leaders to create a safer cyberspace," said Robert Lundy, CEO of Glimmerglass Networks.
- Learn more about NetApp solutions for state and local government:
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
Bluetext (on behalf of NetApp)
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, and FlexPod are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such. The use of the words “partner,” “partnered,” and “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company.