NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced its role in Revlon’s IT transformation. The global beauty leader turned to NetApp to help inject simplicity, agility, and cost efficiencies throughout all levels of its business. Through the NetApp® storage foundation, which is at the heart of the company’s IT operations, Revlon is able to ultimately make smarter IT decisions that help fuel company growth.
Revlon manufactures and distributes millions of beauty products each year to more than 100 countries across six continents, creating layers of business complexity and incredible amounts of data. These challenges limited the company’s previous IT infrastructure, so Revlon approached NetApp to transform its IT capabilities. By building on NetApp, Revlon successfully implemented a private cloud infrastructure that increased agility and enabled the company to adapt to meet growing consumer demands. NetApp also helped Revlon harness its big data challenge, turning 3.6PB of data from a burden into a business driver.
“When we started our IT transformation in 2006, our overarching philosophy was to simplify. Simplification enables the speed to adapt, and speed is a competitive advantage. IT’s job is to make systems work for people, rather than people working for systems,” said David Giambruno, senior vice president and CIO for Revlon. “Leveraging NetApp as our single storage and data management foundation provides a newfound level of agility that impacts every aspect of our business. With 97% of our total compute running on our internal cloud built by NetApp, we wield the technology needed to turn data into information. Ultimately, that enables us to support the business and to deliver high-quality, innovative products to our consumers around the world.”
Revlon Delivers IT Simplicity with NetApp
- Revlon’s private cloud infrastructure runs more than 500 applications in a virtualized environment, which support more than 15,000 automated application moves a month. NetApp enables nondisruptive operations of these applications with 99.9999% uptime.
- Revlon has experienced significant data center efficiencies with NetApp that include reducing energy costs by 72%, cutting its physical footprint by more than 50%, and avoiding investments of more than $70 million.
- With its newfound agility, Revlon IT has been able to increase project throughput by 425% since 2007, reduce time to deliver projects by 70%, and complete 99.6% of projects on budget and on time.
- Revlon IT leverages NetApp to maintain business continuity by restoring or moving business processes within its cloud environment. This capability played a major role during a recent winter storm that forced Revlon to move data among its data centers. The entire process was managed by a single employee and took less than one hour, resulting in zero impact to the business or user experience.
- Revlon created a new model to consume and organize 3.6PB of data generated from tracking 660 million SKU attributes per month. By leveraging NetApp, Revlon IT implemented a global master data system that enables the company to deploy actionable information across its global Mobile Business Intelligence platform to business units regardless of device or location for simplified operations.
- Revlon is currently testing NetApp Flash Accel™ and has experienced considerable efficiency and performance gains that have allowed the company to avoid significant hardware investments while deploying a new global ERP platform on its internal cloud.
- Julie Parrish, chief marketing officer, NetApp
“Revlon is an ideal example for how IT agility leads to business success. The company understands that the right IT infrastructure can be a significant enabler of the business and create a competitive advantage. Building their infrastructure on NetApp has enabled Revlon to streamline operations and change the way employees think about and utilize data.”
- Watch how Revlon simplified IT to drive business success: www.netapp.com/us/library/videos.aspx?videoId=2181652632001
- Read this NetApp 360 blog to hear more from David Giambruno about how Revlon simplified its IT infrastructure with NetApp: nt-ap.com/Z6FD1F
- Learn more about how business success is built on NetApp: www.netapp.com/BuiltOn
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, and Flash Accel are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.