NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today introduced new high-end storage systems - the FAS/V6220, FAS6250, and FAS6290 - to address the demanding performance and capacity requirements of enterprise organizations. The new data storage systems deliver increased performance and value, enabling IT operations to achieve a greater ROI while delivering leading high availability and scale for organizations' most stringent application workloads. Optimized for the NetApp® leading flash portfolio, the FAS6200 platform and related V-Series offerings remove compromise from consideration when organizations evaluate their IT and business imperatives, delivering impact faster.
Watch Nathan Moffitt, Director, Storage Platform Marketing and Jon Jacob, Product Marketing Manager, discuss the enhancements to the FAS6200 series and how the product has been a business driver for companies such as Univita Health.
Here are the highlights of today's news:
- The FAS/V6200 series has been updated to deliver improved performance and value for customers with a proven platform for hosting business critical applications.
- With this announcement, NetApp strengthens its enterprise performance for both SAN and NAS.
- All models support our superior flash offerings, which increases IOPS over 80% and reduces latency by up to 90%.
- The FAS and V-Series platforms are designed for 99.999% or greater availability and leverage clustered Data ONTAP® for nondisruptive operations even during upgrades.
- These new enterprise storage systems deliver agility for organizations to easily and quickly respond to changing needs while delivering significant scale, to over 65PB.
"Enterprises need storage and data management solutions that have the scalability for short-term efficiencies and long-term growth," said Brendon Howe, vice president, Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp. "NetApp's FAS storage platforms and integrated flash portfolio are architected for mission-critical SAN and NAS environments to deliver agility at scale, nonstop operations, and ease of management. These systems have the performance and scale for virtualized and cloud environments, enabling IT administrators to make the appropriate infrastructure decisions, whether it is on-premise or in the cloud."
Today, NetApp also launched the new NetApp EF540 flash array and previewed its purpose-built FlashRay™ product line.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn
- View NetApp videos on YouTube
- Get the latest on NetApp culture
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, Data ONTAP, and FlashRay are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.