EDINA, Minnesota-August 6, 2012-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was ranked #10 in the small-employer category on the Star Tribune's "Top 100 Workplaces" list in Minnesota for 2012. This recognition marks the second consecutive year that NetApp participated in the program and appeared on the list of the most progressive companies based on employees' opinions. Being named a top company is an honor that recognizes NetApp's unique company culture and further validates NetApp's dedication to a strong set of values at the core of its culture.
Each year the Star Tribune recognizes the best companies to work for in Minnesota through the Top Workplaces lists. Employees surveyed by WorkplaceDynamics are asked to rank their workplaces based on leadership, benefits, and the company's strategic direction. NetApp's global shared commitment to being a model company drives growth and success for the company and its customers and partners.
NetApp's Shared Commitment Delivers Global Success
- Companies featured on the Star Tribune's "Top 100 Workplaces" list for 2012 were evaluated on the results of surveys completed by more than 60,500 employees from Minnesota public, private, and nonprofit organizations. Employee opinions were based on company leadership, communication, career opportunities, workplace environment, managerial skills, pay, and benefits.
- This ranking in Minnesota follows NetApp's #6 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2012 and its #3 ranking on the "World's Best Multinational Workplaces" list by the Great Place to Work Institute.
- With NetApp's #10 ranking in Minnesota, the company now ranks
among the top 10 best places to work in 16 different regions around
the globe, including:
- Austria: #1
- Switzerland: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Australia: #2
- Europe: #2
- Japan: #2
- France: #2
- Germany: #2
- Canada: #3
- Chicago: #4
- United Kingdom: #5
- Pennsylvania: #5
- New York: #6
- Washington, D.C.: #7
- Netherlands: #8
- India: #10
- NetApp's facility in Edina, Minnesota, which first opened in 1997, is a regional sales and support office. Employees in the Edina region give back to the community by participating in volunteer programs such as St. Baldrick's, Feed My Starving Children, Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics, and many other local fund-raising events and mentoring programs.
- The full list of Top Workplaces in Minnesota was published in the June 17 issue of the Star Tribune.
- Jim Acker, District Sales Manager, NetApp
"Being selected by the Star Tribune as one of the best places to work in Minnesota for the second year in a row is a tremendous accomplishment and shines a spotlight on the extraordinary team we have in Edina. NetApp's remarkable corporate culture and talented employees help distinguish NetApp in the marketplace, and inspire our employees to innovate to help customers and partners take their businesses to the next level."
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with NetApp's community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
- For more information on the Star Tribune'sTop Workplaces rankings, please visit www.startribune.com/jobs/topworkplaces/
- Read about NetApp's commitment to culture and its consistent recognition around the world: www.netapp.com/us/company/our-story/great-place-to-work/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
About the Top Workplaces
The Star Tribune and the Pennsylvania research firm WorkplaceDynamics set out to identify the Top 100 Workplaces in the Twin Cities. This survey is focused on companies whose employees have awarded them high marks, and companies choose whether to take part in the survey process. To qualify, companies had to have at least 50 employees and agree to allow employees to take a confidential survey. WorkplaceDynamics ranked the employers within their size band based solely on the employee responses. The top employers in each size band were selected as the 100 Top Workplaces in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area for 2012.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.