SUNNYVALE, Calif.-May 16, 2012- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it ranked #3 on the 2012 "Best Workplaces in Canada" list by the Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. This marks the third consecutive year that NetApp Canada has ranked in the top 3, after earning the #2 spot in 2011. NetApp is honored to be named a leading employer in Canada and to have earned special recognition in the trust index for Fairness. This further validates the company's belief that a strong culture drives inspired employees to innovate to deliver customer and partner success globally.
The "Best Workplaces in Canada" list is built on five trust-building dimensions of a great place to work: credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie. NetApp's commitment to the same values around the world unite the company as one, and by nurturing an environment in which innovation thrives, NetApp employees are able to deliver success in the marketplace with integrity and honor.
NetApp Culture Is the Foundation for Success
- The "Best Workplaces in Canada" list is compiled by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada. The competitive ranking process is based on two criteria: a 58-statement survey completed by a random selection of employees, along with their open-ended comments about their organization; and an in-depth review of the organization's culture, including an evaluation of HR policies and procedures.
- This year's 2012 list received over 230 nominations and over 49,000 employees participated in the "Best Workplaces in Canada" survey.
- This ranking in Canada follows NetApp's #3 ranking on the inaugural "World's Best Multinational Workplace" list in 2011.
- Global recognition as a great place to work positions NetApp as
a desirable employer around the world, which attracts and retains
the best people in the industry. With NetApp Canada's #3 ranking,
NetApp now ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 17
different regions around the globe, including:
- Austria: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Japan: #2
- France: #2
- Germany: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- Australia: #3
- Minnesota: #4
- Chicago: #4
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Pennsylvania: #5
- New York: #6
- Europe: #6
- Netherlands: #8
- India: #10
- NetApp believes that inspired employees do the extraordinary and, as further validation, NetApp Toronto was a host site for one of the St. Baldrick's Foundation's annual fundraising event. Through the strong relationships that NetApp employees in Canada have built, NetApp's channel partners in the region joined in the NetApp event to help raise money and awareness for the foundation.
- The full list of top places to work in Canada was published April 19 in the Globe and Mail.
- Jeff Goldstein, vice president and general manager,
"NetApp employees are the driving force behind the success of our company. Being recognized as the #3 best place to work in Canada is a true testament to how the NetApp core set of values drives competitive advantage for NetApp and success for our customers and partners around the world." Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with NetApp's community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Read about NetApp's commitment to culture and its consistent recognition around the world: www.netapp.com/us/company/our-story/great-place-to-work/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
About the Great Place to Work
The Great Place to Work Institute is a global research and management consultancy with expertise on workplace transformation and a presence in 46 countries worldwide. Our mission is to improve society by creating better workplaces. We are best known for our global Best Workplaces Program, which we produce in conjunction with prestigious media partners such as the Globe and Mail, the Financial Times and Fortune. With more than 5,500 organizations surveyed every year across the globe, the program is the world's largest of its kind. We believe passionately that any company or organization can become a great place to work. Our mission is to help you do it.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.