Sunnyvale, Calif.-April 11, 2012- Media and entertainment companies are under pressure to improve workflow efficiencies, manage growing media libraries, and rapidly analyze viewer trends to ultimately impact the bottom line. Working closely with leading broadcasters, studios, cable TV providers, and Internet delivery networks to drive continued innovation and business impact, NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) announced today that it will showcase at NAB 2012 expanded analytics, bandwidth, and content solutions purpose-built to meet those companies' demanding media workflow needs.
NetApp understands that leading media and entertainment companies winning in today's market think differently and look for innovative ways to use their content and data as strategic assets. NetApp customers can benefit from greater support for the bit rates necessary for today's HD and film-resolution, production, and delivery workflows, as well as from multipetabyte storage solutions.
- Analytics: NetApp® FAS Data ONTAP® software can provide customers with a real-time data-analytics solution to gain greater insights by turning data into high-quality actionable information they can use to make better business decisions. For example, NetApp will demonstrate in its booth how a customer can use this solution to gain a 10- to 100-times performance improvement for real-time analytics of a movie-rating dataset that provides movie recommendations, ad revenue optimization, and ad targeting.
- Bandwidth: The NetApp Media Content Management (MCM) solution, based on the E-Series storage system, is a high-bandwidth and capacity-dense storage solution. Media and entertainment companies can achieve greater efficiency and gain a competitive advantage by consolidating high-volume, high-resolution workflows into a single infrastructure, greatly reducing data and storage management.
- Content: The NetApp StorageGRID® solution is a content solution providing boundless, secure, and scalable media storage through an enterprise-grade object store that supports billions of objects and hundreds of sites for global collaborative or archival repositories.
- NetApp will showcase these innovative solutions at its booth, #SL11815, in the South Hall at the 2012 NAB show, April 16-19, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Tom Coughlin, Founder, Coughlin
"Modern media and entertainment workflows are working with very large files requiring lots of bandwidth to move multiple streams of data between workstations and to store the working content. The NetApp Media Content Management solution is one of a new wave of digital storage solutions that can meet this storage demand and bandwidth challenge, allowing a single scalable data solution that meets the needs of a high-end digital workflow."
- Jason Danielson, Media and Entertainment Vertical
"Media and entertainment companies have traditionally installed NetApp for shared-infrastructure, business-critical applications. During the 2012 NAB show, the industry will get to see an expanded set of big data solution offerings from NetApp, forever changing how many of these companies view us in the market. By delivering more bandwidth for real-time workflows, greater media management support for global libraries, and a strong ecosystem for viewer and subscriber analytics, our customers will be able to take advantage of the global scale and reach of NetApp to solve more of their big media challenges."
- Learn more about NetApp in media and entertainment at: www.netapp.com/us/solutions/industry/media-internet
- Visit the NetApp Media and Entertainment NAB 2012 Community Site: netapp.com/media
- Learn more about the NetApp MCM solutions: www.netapp.com/us/solutions/a-z/digital-media.html
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, Data ONTAP, and StorageGRID are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.