SUNNYVALE, Calif. - March 13, 2012 - As customers move to the cloud, maintaining optimum performance of storage infrastructure is vital to ensure that virtual machines and physical servers have access to the resources they need to deliver business-critical applications. To address these challenges, customers are turning to storage management solutions, such as the NetApp OnCommand management product portfolio of management software, to improve storage and service efficiency by optimizing the performance of critical virtual and physical data center infrastructure. NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that Storage magazine-SearchStorage.com judges selected NetApp OnCommand Insight Balance as the 2011 Product of the Year in the Storage Management Tools category. This honor recognizes OnCommand Insight Balance as the highest-ranked and most valuable solution in its category.
"As customers increasingly move toward virtualized, shared infrastructure and private cloud environments, innovative solutions that offer deep visibility into heterogeneous infrastructure management are crucial to enable customers to respond quickly to changing business needs and to improve efficiency," said Chris Cummings, vice president, Product and Solutions Marketing at NetApp. "This management capability is now a requirement for IT professionals, not a luxury. We believe that this award underscores our leadership in storage management solutions and demonstrates the extensive storage analysis and management we provide for our customers."
- OnCommand Insight Balance is part of the award-winning OnCommand product portfolio of management software that improves storage and service efficiency through functions that help customers better control, automate, and analyze their shared storage infrastructure.
- A Forrester Total Economic Impact study conducted in September 2011 and commissioned by NetApp showed that a composite organization gained a return on investment of 151% and payback on their investment within 12 months when deploying OnCommand management software as part of a NetApp private cloud solution.
- OnCommand Insight Balance became part of the NetApp solution through NetApp's acquisition of Akorri Networks, Inc. in February 2011. Between FY 2011 and FY 2012, this solution has seen strong adoption and has helped achieve a 67% increase in revenue growth as customers have realized the value of OnCommand Insight Balance in reducing the risks and costs of deploying virtualized solutions and of improving their ROI through better measurement and decision making.
- The Storage magazine-SearchStorage.com 2011 Products of the Year awards, as presented by the editors of TechTarget's Storage Media Group, were judged by the Storage magazine-SearchStorage.com editorial staff, in conjunction with a team of users, industry experts, analysts, and consultants.
- Judges selected the 18 Products of the Year from among enterprise storage-related products introduced, upgraded, and shipped between November 1, 2010 and October 28, 2011.
- Winners were selected according to the following criteria: innovation, performance, ease of integration into existing environments, ease of use and manageability, functionality, and value.
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Read the OnCommand Insight Balance feature in SearchStorage.com: searchstorage.techtarget.com/feature/NetApp-Inc-OnCommand-Insight-Balance
- Learn more about OnCommand Insight Balance: www.netapp.com/us/products/management-software/oncommand-insight/insight-balance.html
- Learn more about deploying OnCommand management software as part of a NetApp cloud solution in the Forrester Total Economic Impact Study, "The Total Economic Impact Of Deploying OnCommand Management Software As Part Of A NetApp Private Cloud Solution".
- Attend the "Managing Performance in a Virtualized Environment" Webinar: www.brighttalk.com/webcast/5583/41549
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
About Storage Magazine-Searchstorage.com
The TechTarget Storage Media Group continues to deliver tactical, unique and highly-acclaimed technical information to the largest and most qualified audience of storage-buying IT pros on the web. This information network is THE place for IT pros to get purchasing and problem-solving information about storage networks and backup - and this is THE place for storage vendors to connect with your market at searchstorage.techtarget.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, and OnCommand are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.