SUNNYVALE, Calif.-November 2, 2011 -NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced six high-performing SPECsfs2008 NFS benchmark results, including a world record, further validating that NetApp customers don't need to compromise efficiency and flexibility to achieve high performance. The speed of business has changed, and companies are required to be more agile than ever before, while keeping costs down. Innovative and value-conscious companies need to look at NetApp first for their high-performance storage needs.
- SPEC, the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation, is an independent nonprofit that was formed to establish, maintain, and endorse a broad set of standardized benchmarks. SPECsfs2008 measures file server throughput and response time.
- NetApp conducted the SPECsfs2008 benchmarks on the NetApp® FAS6200 series, running on the Data ONTAP 8® operating system. These systems can be combined in a single unified cluster that enables customers to scale with data in place as their business grows.
- The six new SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3 benchmark results demonstrate
the leading NAS performance, linear scalability, and efficiency
that NetApp storage solutions deliver to customers:
- Performance. NetApp scalable storage architecture achieves world-record NFS performance for demanding NAS workloads with 1,512,784 ops per second and an overall response time of 1.53ms.
- Scalability. NetApp linear scalability enables companies to start with solutions sized for their current storage requirements and massively scale to meet future demands. As nodes are nondisruptively added to the NetApp cluster, performance increases linearly and the system continues to provide the same fast response time. This highlights the future-ready scalability and flexibility of the NetApp clustered infrastructure running Data ONTAP 8, proven by the six new benchmark results with 4-, 8-, 12-, 16-, 20-, and 24-node clusters.
- Efficiency. NetApp's best-in-class efficiency, as compared to the public information related to the competitive product with the next highest SPECsfs2008 NFS result, is highlighted in the NetApp 24-node benchmark, which used 50% fewer disk drives and 80% fewer controller nodes while delivering 35% higher performance and 40% faster response time.
Chris Cummings, vice president of Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp
"Companies today require IT that helps grow their business by providing support for enterprise business applications, big data, and cloud computing. These SPEC benchmark results validate that NetApp can provide companies with a high-performance storage infrastructure for their demanding business-critical workloads that require always-on availability. Additionally, NetApp delivers on-demand flexibility to start with a small storage solution and easily, nondisruptively scale as their demand grows."
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Read the SPEC benchmark results report:
- Read Val Bercovici and Dimitris Krekoukias' blogs to learn more about the benchmark:
- Download the data sheet for the FAS6200 system: www.netapp.com/us/products/storage-systems/fas6200/
- Learn more about Data ONTAP 8: www.netapp.com/us/products/platform-os/data-ontap-8/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, and Data ONTAP are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.