WALTHAM, Massachusetts-June 13, 2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was ranked #14 in the medium-size category on the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" list in Boston for 2011. NetApp is committed to building a model company with a culture that values creativity, teamwork, productivity, leadership, and innovation. NetApp's facility in Waltham, Massachusetts, which first opened in 2000, is a technology center focused on research and development and sales.
- NetApp's strong corporate culture, open communication, competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth management style are valued by its employees and have led to the company's consistently high rankings on "Best Workplace" lists around the globe.
- This ranking in Boston follows NetApp's #5 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2011.
- NetApp ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 14
different regions around the globe, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- France: #4
- India: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- United States: #5
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Europe: #6
- Germany: #8
- Japan: #8
- The "Best Places to Work" in Boston list honors companies that have created a positive work environment that attracts and retains employees through the combination of employee satisfaction, working conditions, and company culture.
- NetApp was one of 320 companies to qualify for consideration based on a 2-stage nomination process and the results of employee-satisfaction surveys taken throughout April.
- The survey project was launched in January by the Boston Business Journal in conjunction with market research firm Quantum Workplace of Omaha, Nebraska. Companies were evaluated on the results of more than 18,000 employee-satisfaction surveys. Employees answered questionnaires that addressed such factors as their pride in the company, company encouragement, support and recognition of achievement, and relationships with coworkers and supervisors. The results were analyzed and scored by assigning points to each question.
- The top 25 companies in 3 size categories-small (20-100 employees), midsize (101-500 employees), and large (more than 500 employees)-were profiled in a special supplement of the Boston Business Journal published on June 10, 2011.
- Maria Maggio, senior director of Engineering,
"Getting selected by the Boston Business Journal as one of the best places to work in the Boston area is an incredible honor and is another example of how NetApp's unique corporate culture and talented employees help distinguish NetApp in the marketplace. There is a true sense of teamwork and camaraderie among the team in Waltham, with an intense focus on delivering the IT efficiency and flexibility our customers and partners demand for business success."
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp's passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.