VIENNA, Virginia-June 6, 2011- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was ranked #5 in the Large Company category (with nonlocal headquarters) on the Washington Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" list in the greater D.C. area for 2011. The honor marks the third consecutive year that NetApp has been ranked in the top 5. NetApp is committed to building a model company with a culture that values creativity, teamwork, productivity, leadership, and innovation. NetApp's facility in Vienna, Virginia, which first opened in 1999, focuses on customers in federal, state, and local government; K-12 and higher education; as well as commercial entities in the Washington, D.C., area.
- NetApp's strong corporate culture, open communication, competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth management style are valued by its employees and have led to the company's consistently high ranking on "Best Workplace" lists around the globe.
- This ranking in Washington, D.C., follows NetApp's #5 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2011.
- With its #5 ranking in the Washington, D.C., area, NetApp now
ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 14 different regions
around the globe, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- France: #4
- India: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- United States: #5
- Europe: #6
- Germany: #8
- Japan: #8
- The "Best Places to Work" list is based on results of confidential surveys administered by the Washington Business Journal.
- The full list of top places to work in Washington, D.C., was published in the June 3 issue of the Washington Business Journal.
- Mark Weber, president, U.S. Public Sector,
"Placing in the top 5 on the Washington Business Journal's list for a third consecutive year is a huge honor and the direct result of our tremendous employees and strong corporate culture. The NetApp team in Vienna is innovative and passionate and we are committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the IT efficiency and flexibility they require for success."
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp's passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.