Sunnyvale, Calif.-June 1, 2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) announced that it will honor the winners of the NetApp 2011 Innovation Awards tonight during an awards ceremony at The Tech Museum in San Jose, California. The NetApp Innovation Awards recognize customers who have transformed their business or organization by driving greater IT efficiency and flexibility all on a NetApp® storage foundation.
"The NetApp Innovation Awards give us a great opportunity to showcase our remarkable customers and recognize the success they have achieved with solutions built on NetApp," said Tom Georgens, president and chief executive officer, NetApp. "This year's nominees and winners have demonstrated creativity and leadership in their respective fields and are terrific examples of the strength of the NetApp and customer partnership."
This year more than 100 people were nominated for awards in the following four categories: Innovator of the Year, Efficiency Innovation, Flexibility Innovation, and Visionary Leadership. One winner was selected in each category by a third-party panel of judges comprised of well-respected business and technology experts from the global media community. The Innovator of the Year category recognizes one winner from each of the following four global geographies: Americas, APAC, EMEA, and U.S. Public Sector.
NetApp 2011 Innovation Award Winners:
- Innovator of the Year-Americas: GoDaddy.com
- Innovator of the Year-APAC: Infosys Technologies
- Innovator of the Year-EMEA: CSC
- Innovator of the Year-U.S. Public Sector: Oak Hills Local School District (NetApp Partner Program Platinum Level partner Champion Solutions Group)
- Efficiency Innovation: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NetApp Partner Program Gold Level partner QCM Technologies, Inc.)
- Flexibility Innovation: Teck Resources
- Visionary Leadership: George L. Reed II, PMP, Chief Information Officer, Seven Corners, Inc.
The NetApp Innovation Awards program distinguishes itself by relying on a prestigious third-party panel of judges for the four main categories. These judges determine the award winners based on their outside expertise and a critical, unbiased assessment of real-world NetApp deployments at customer sites.
NetApp 2011 Innovation Award Judges:
- Deni Connor, Principal Analyst, Storage Strategies NOW; and Contributing Editor, Network World
- Carsten Knop, Editor, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Joseph F. Kovar, Senior Editor, CRN
- Vijay Ramachandran, Editor-in-Chief, IDG Media India Pvt. Ltd.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp PR Hotline
Ph: (408) 822-3287
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.