SUNNYVALE, Calif.-April 13, 2011- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was ranked #2 on the "100 Best Workplaces in Canada 2011" list, earning special recognition in the area of "camaraderie." This is the second consecutive year that NetApp Canada has ranked in the top 2, earning the #2 spot in 2010. NetApp is committed to building a model company with a culture that values creativity, teamwork, productivity, leadership, and innovation.
- NetApp's strong corporate culture, open communication, competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth management style are valued by its employees and have led to the company's consistently high ranking on "Best Workplace" lists in all qualifying countries.
- This ranking in Canada follows NetApp's #5 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2011.
- With NetApp Canada's #2 ranking, NetApp now ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 13 different regions around the globe, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- New York City: #2
- Switzerland: #2?
- Washington, D.C.: #3
- France: #4
- India: #5, #3 in IT
- Netherlands: #5
- United States: #5
- United Kingdom: #6
- Germany: #8
- Japan: #8
- NetApp Canada earned special recognition in the area of "camaraderie," evidenced by the level of connectedness employees experience in the workplace and the extent to which they describe a team feeling and say that the atmosphere is fun and welcoming.
- This list of "Best Workplaces in Canada" is compiled by the Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. The competition process is based on two criteria: Two-thirds of the total score comes from a 58-statement survey completed by a majority of the employee population, along with their open-ended comments about their organization; the remaining one-third of the score comes from an in-depth review of the organization's culture, including an evaluation of HR policies and procedures. The two offer a rigorous representation of the organization from an employee perspective and an overall portrait of the workplace culture. Together, they provide crucial data relative to the five trust-building dimensions of a "Great Place to Work®": credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie.
- The full list of top places to work in Canada was published April 12 in The Globe and Mail.
- Jeff Goldstein, vice president and general manager, NetApp Canada
"Being recognized as the #2 best place to work in Canada for a second consecutive year is a tremendous honor and is a true reflection of NetApp's unique culture and talented employees. It's our employees' commitment and passion that allow us to work with our customers to help them achieve the business efficiency and flexibility that they require for success."
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp's passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.