SUNNYVALE, Calif.-March 21, 2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was named a 2011 CRN Channel Champion in the Enterprise Network Storage category. It also received top honors in three out of four individual categories at an awards ceremony held at the XChange Solution Provider conference. CRN Channel Champions are awarded in 25 technology categories; selections are based on surveys conducted with top solution providers.
The CRN Channel Champions study measures overall solution provider perceptions of vendor products and services. Solution providers were asked to evaluate the importance of partner technology, support, and financial criteria in the channel. They were then asked to rate vendor performance in these areas, based on their perceived importance. CRN Channel Champion awards are based on these survey results. Awards are distributed in 25 technology fields and in four categories: Technical Satisfaction, Support Satisfaction, Financial Factors, and Overall Champion.
- In addition to receiving the top-vendor honors in the Enterprise Network Storage category, NetApp also won honors in three categories: Technical Satisfaction, Support Satisfaction, and Financial Factors.
- The 2011 Channel Champion award is the second accolade NetApp received from Everything Channel's CRN Magazine this year. Last month, the CRN editorial staff selected Julie Parrish, vice president of Global Partner Sales; Todd Palmer, vice president of Americas Channels; and David Drahozal, director of Channel Sales for the U.S. Public Sector, as Channel Chiefs. They were selected for their leadership and execution of successful channel partner programs and strategies.
- Julie Parrish, vice president of Global Partner Sales,
"NetApp is honored to be recognized by our partners as a 2011 Channel Champion. Our focus on our partners' success is vital to our strategy to leverage diverse pathways to reach our customers. This honor demonstrates our commitment to excellence and highlights the unique value proposition that NetApp delivers as a partner of choice."
- Kelley Damore, vice president and editorial director,
"The Channel Champions award recognizes the most innovative, reliable, and channel-friendly vendors, as voted on by solution providers. These awards recognize vendors whose technical innovation and product quality have surpassed the competition, helping to drive increased revenue for their channel partners. This survey is an essential resource for the channel community. We congratulate these leading technology vendors on this recognition."
- For additional information on the Channel Champions award winners and related study visit www.crn.com. The award winners and study will be published in the April 25, 2011, issue.
- For additional information on the CRN Channel Chiefs list, visit www.crn.com. The Channel Chiefs list was published in the February 21, 2011, issue.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: twitter.com/netapppartners
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/netapptv - p/c/729BDCC0E42E93E8
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3432942
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Join now at communities.netapp.com.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
Everything Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, Everything Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. Everything Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about Everything Channel, visit us at www.everythingchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/everythingchnl.
About United Business Media
UBM (UBM.L) focuses on two principal activities: worldwide information distribution, targeting and monitoring; and the development and monetization of B2B communities and markets. UBM's businesses inform markets and serve professional commercial communities-from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists-with integrated events, online, print and business information products. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, bringing buyers and sellers together, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.ubm.com
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not reflect a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company.