SUNNYVALE, Calif.-March 17, 2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it appointed Richard P. (Rick) Wallace, president and chief executive officer of KLA-Tencor Corporation™, to the company's board of directors.
"We are pleased to welcome Rick Wallace to the NetApp board of directors," said Tom Georgens, president and chief executive officer of NetApp. "With his vast experience in the technology sector and the many leadership positions he has held, Rick will provide valuable insight and perspective to help us continue to deliver long-term shareholder value."
"The addition of Rick further strengthens our board, as he will be a valuable resource for our executive team at a time when NetApp is presented with a great opportunity for continued growth and success," said Dan Warmenhoven, executive chairman of NetApp's board of directors.
"I am excited to join this team of industry leaders and serve NetApp's shareholders, particularly now as NetApp appears to be well positioned to take advantage of the ongoing shift to shared IT infrastructures," said Wallace.
Rick Wallace Biography
- Rick Wallace currently serves as the president and chief executive officer at KLA-Tencor Corporation. Prior to his current role, Mr. Wallace served as president and chief operating officer from July 2005 through December 2005.
- He began at KLA Instruments in 1988 as an applications engineer and has held various general management positions throughout his 23 years with the company.
- He currently serves as the chairman of the board of directors for Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI), an industry trade association. Mr. Wallace also serves of the board of directors for Beckman Coulter, an Orange County-based biomedical company. Earlier in his career, Mr. Wallace held positions with Ultratech Stepper and Cypress Semiconductor.
- Mr. Wallace earned his bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan and his master's degree in Engineering Management from Santa Clara University, where he taught strategic marketing and global competitiveness courses after his graduation.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp's passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.