SUNNYVALE, Calif.-February 22, 2011-NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that Julie Parrish, vice president of Global Partner Sales; Todd Palmer, vice president of Americas Channels; and David Drahozal, director of Channel Sales for the U.S. Public Sector, have all been named Channel Chiefs by Everything Channel's CRN. Channel Chiefs are leaders in creating effective channel programs for solution providers. They consistently defend, promote, and execute effective channel partner programs and strategies.
This year's Channel Chiefs were chosen by the CRN editorial staff. Applicants were judged based on policy and program innovations made during the past year, the amount of revenue their company generates through partners, their willingness to speak out publicly on behalf of the channel, and the number of years they have dedicated to channel activities.
- Julie Parrish was recognized for strengthening NetApp's partner ecosystem, increasing focus on cloud enablement to help partners make the transition to the cloud, and helping to launch the Imagine Virtually Anything™ (IVA) initiative with Cisco and VMware. This is the fifth consecutive year that Parrish was named a Channel Chief.
- Todd Palmer was recognized for his continued focus on the midsized enterprise market segment; the launch of the NetApp® KickStart Service Builder™, to help partners deliver professional services to their customers based on the same tools that NetApp uses internally; and increasing investment in partner-focused programs and incentives to help partners drive incremental revenue through net-new account acquisition and installed- base penetration. This is the third consecutive year that Palmer was named a Channel Chief.
- David Drahozal was recognized for strengthening relationships with key technology partners, increasing investment in partner support for solution-specific U.S. Public Sector proposals, and increasing investment in tools, resources, and training to help NetApp partners market, sell, and deliver their own brand of professional services with their NetApp solution sales.
- Julie Parrish, vice president of Global Partner Sales,
"Todd, David, and I are excited and honored to be chosen as Channel Chiefs. NetApp's commitment to our partners' success is a central tenant of our business strategy, and we see this recognition as validation of our approach."
- Kelley Damore, vice president and editorial director,
"The CRN Channel Chiefs list is a comprehensive listing of the leading channel executives at vendor organizations and their accomplishments. This prestigious list serves as a valuable must-read for solution providers looking to get to right contacts within the vendor community. We applaud this year's Channel Chiefs for their successful partner programs and strategies."
- For additional information on the CRN Channel Chief list, visit www.crn.com. The Channel Chief list was published in the February 21, 2011, issue.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: twitter.com/netapppartners
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/netapptv - p/c/729BDCC0E42E93E8
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3432942
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Join now at communities.netapp.com.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com
Everything Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, Everything Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. Everything Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about Everything Channel, visit us at www.everythingchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/everythingchnl.
About United Business Media
UBM (UBM.L) focuses on two principal activities: worldwide information distribution, targeting and monitoring; and the development and monetization of B2B communities and markets. UBM's businesses inform markets and serve professional commercial communities-from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists-with integrated events, online, print and business information products. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, bringing buyers and sellers together, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.ubm.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, Imagine Virtually Anything, and Service Builder are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not reflect a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company.