TOKYO, Japan-February 10, 2011-NetApp Japan was ranked #8 on the "Best Companies to Work For" list in the "Fewer than 250 Employees" category in Japan for 2011 by the Great Place to Work® Institute Japan (GPTW Japan). This follows NetApp's (NASDAQ: NTAP) #5 ranking in January in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2011. NetApp's unique corporate environment that values creativity, teamwork, open communication, leadership, adaptability, and innovation has helped it consistently rank high in Great Place to Work listings in location around the world.
- NetApp's #8 ranking on the GPTW Japan list follows similar
awards recognizing NetApp as a great place to work in many other
locations around the world, including:
- United States: #5
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Switzerland: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Washington, DC: #3
- France: #5
- India: #5, #3 in IT
- United Kingdom: #6
- Netherlands: #10
- Germany: #17
- EMEA: #30
- New England: #31
- NetApp's strong corporate culture, competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth management style are valued by its employees and have propelled the company into the top 10 for companies in Japan with fewer than 250 employees.
- To pick the "Best Companies to Work For" for companies with fewer than 250 employees in Japan, GPTW Japan surveyed various companies in Japan. Two-thirds of a company's score is based on the results of the Institute's Trust Index survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company, and for NetApp all employees were surveyed. The survey asks questions related to their attitudes about management's credibility, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third of the scoring is based on the company's responses to the Institute's Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, internal communications, training, recognition programs, and diversity efforts.
- Ty McConney, President, NetApp Japan
"This is a great acknowledgement of our strong culture and our talented employees. At NetApp, we believe that creating an environment where our employees thrive is fundamental to the long-term success of our company and key to continuing to drive even more milestones. It contributes to retaining and attracting top talent, and helping customers and partners achieve business success."
- The full list of winners and related stories appeared in the February 7 issue of Nikkei Business.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Join now at communities.netapp.com.
About NetApp NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks of NetApp, Inc. All other brands or logos are trademarks of their respective owners and should be treated as such.