SUNNYVALE, Calif.-February 9, 2011-Economic and competitive pressures are forcing organizations to seek alternatives to align their IT infrastructure to their business needs. These companies are increasingly turning to cloud services to gain efficiencies and respond faster to today's changing business requirements. Service providers are an important pathway to these customers, and they play a key role in bringing cloud services to market and helping customers make critical infrastructure decisions to accelerate their businesses.
As part of the company's strategy to broaden and leverage its diverse pathways to reach customers, NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that several of the world's top-tier service providers are collaborating with NetApp to deliver a wide range of innovative cloud services that help customers transition to a flexible and efficientshared IT infrastructure-the foundation for cloud computing. These world-class service providers are an integral part of an expanding partner ecosystem benefiting from the NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers. The first of its kind in the storage industry, this growing program helps partners increase their business and take advantage of the market shift to cloud services. Unlike other vendors, NetApp collaborates with leading service providers and currently, does not compete by offering proprietary cloud services.
- World-class service providers are collaborating with NetApp to build, deploy, and sell differentiated cloud service offerings, which help customers transition to a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure. These service providers include BlueFire, Interactive, Internet Initiative Japan, Iron Mountain, Logicalis, Quest, Rackspace, Siemens IT Solutions and Services, and Terremark.
- NetApp and its ecosystem of solution partners offer a diverse portfolio of enterprise-class cloud services, including application development and testing, backup, collaboration, desktop, disaster recovery, infrastructure, messaging, storage, and SAP application-based services to help enterprises reduce costs and enhance agility.
- Julie Parrish, vice president of Global Channel Sales,
"NetApp is focused on creating opportunities to collaborate with our solution partners to deliver compelling, complementary, and differentiated cloud solutions. The NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers is one of several ways we work with solution partners to help them increase their revenue and grow their businesses. Our success in attracting a strong global ecosystem of service providers is a testament to the unique value proposition that NetApp delivers as a partner of choice to accelerate adoption of public and private clouds."
- The NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers enables service providers who join the program to build differentiated, enterprise-class cloud service offerings that help customers move to a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure, allowing them to operate profitably based on low-cost and predictable service levels.
- Service providers who join the program benefit from access to a wide range of unique tools and programs delivered by NetApp to help differentiate their services, speed time to market, and grow their revenues. These tools and programs include technical training and service benefits, as well as marketing and sales support.
- The program allows value-added resellers to align with NetApp preferred service providers to offer cloud solutions to the end customer, enabling them to meet the demand for cloud services and to grow their business without investing in the new data centers, infrastructure, and resources needed to become a cloud service provider.
- Service providers can learn more about the NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers at: www.netapp.com/us/partners/become-a-partner/service-providers-new.html
- Learn more about NetApp cloud solutions at: www.netapp.com/us/company/leadership/cloud-computing
- Learn more about NetApp's new storage-buying criteria for shared IT infrastructure at: www.netapp.com/us/library/analyst-reports/rfp-exec-summary.html
- View a list of enterprise-class services from NetApp Service Provider Partners based on NetApp storage at: www.netapp.com/us/partners/ServiceProvidersList
- Hear Julie Parish talk about how cloud computing creates opportunities for NetApp Partners at: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV#p/c/F2B53DC61A1B869D/5/HSj7eKslHIk
- View NetApp videos on the NetApp Cloud playlist at: www.youtube.com/user/NetAppTV#grid/user/F2B53DC61A1B869D
- Read Val Bercovici's blog to learn more about cloud industry trends at: blogs.netapp.com/exposed
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Join now at: communities.netapp.com
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and other/or countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Addendum: Service Provider and
Partner Quote Sheet
NetApp works with many service providers, channel partners, and systems integrators to deliver integrated and innovative solutions that meet today's changing buying criteria and help customers accelerate their path to a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure-the foundation for private and public clouds. Here's what some of them are saying:
NetApp Service Provider Partners:
Jason Serda, managing director and
"The NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers provided the resources to enable us to develop a next generation cloud and performance storage solution. The ability to provide a secure shared infrastructure across six of our datacenters provides our clients a no compromise approach to outsourcing their primary storage. We were determined to design a storage solution that gave them more than what they could build themselves. Dynamic on demand provisioning, reporting and secure management, enterprise SLAs and access to storage by tier, matching performance to application, creation of volumes, snapshots, remote replication and remote snapshots powered by NetApp. The most unique aspect of working with NetApp is the go-to-market partnership which expands our sales footprint and further supports our success and has created a benchmark for strategic relationship with our vendors."
Simon Durkin, director of Sales,
"Interactive is proud to offer world-class cloud solutions with NetApp as our trusted storage partner. The NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers gives us access to even more tools and processes that improve our cloud value proposition. To be successful in the cloud market you need to be able to demonstrate that you can utilize your resources effectively and thereby provide your customers the best solutions at a cost effective price. Together with NetApp, we have a winning team."
Kokichi Matsumoto, executive officer,
Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
"NetApp was a natural partner of choice for building the IIJ GIO Storage Service due to NetApp's powerful efficiency technologies and integrated data protection capabilities. Secure multi-tenancy capabilities allow simultaneous access to storage for multiple users without compromising security. Integrated data protection assures backup and recovery to meet our customers' stringent recovery point and recovery time objectives. As a result, our customers enjoy the cost benefits of a shared on-demand cloud storage infrastructure with enterprise-class data security and availability."
Todd Koopersmith, vice president of
Corporate and Business Development, Iron Mountain
"NetApp's unique approach to working with its partner community is proof that it is committed to helping us accelerate our business. As a member of the NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers, we now have access to a variety of tools and support that will help us differentiate our services, improve time to market and allow us to more effectively address our customers' information management service needs."
Chris Gabriel, director of Solutions
and Marketing, Logicalis, U.K.
"The NetApp flexible and efficient technologies are fundamental to our solutions vision and allow us to service the cloud needs of our customers for both on-site cloud solutions and hosted cloud services. Working with a single partner who understands the journey our customers will make to cloud was vital for Logicalis. NetApp delivers a complete vision for cloud and is trusted by our customers as a partner of choice. What we can do with NetApp simply isn't possible with other vendors. Innovating with a trusted partner gives our customers a strong level of confidence as they continue to adopt new cloud services."
Tim Burke, president and CEO,
"Quest has offered managed and cloud services cost-effectively for many years serving hundreds of clients. Our partnership with NetApp opens a world of increased secure cloud services including data protection, desktop, and development and testing on NetApp shared storage infrastructure that results in great cost savings for our enterprise users-up to 70% less than most alternatives. It's a partnership we highly value."
Robert Fuller, vice president of
Worldwide Channel Sales, Rackspace Hosting
"Our relationship with NetApp has enabled Rackspace channel partners to offer their enterprise customers access to NetApp's innovative storage and data management solutions. Paired with our hosted and cloud solutions, this can allow the end customer to shift risk away from their business and eliminate the need for large capital expenses for hardware and data centers. The Rackspace Enterprise Data Replication Service is the latest addition to our portfolio of NetApp-based services and provides our customers and partners with real-time data replication and rapid data recovery-a critical component of a sound business continuity and disaster recovery plan-so they can remain focused on their core business objectives."
Bruce Coughlin, vice president,
Portfolio and Innovation, Siemens IT Solutions and
"NetApp has been instrumental in helping us build our Infrastructure as a Service solution. We partner with NetApp because its technical approach is efficient, flexible, and scalable. The NetApp unified architecture offers us the option to rapidly deploy future services without continually re-evaluating storage capabilities. In a dynamic market this type of flexibility and agility is invaluable for addressing our customers rapidly changing business requirements."
Stacy Hayes, vice president of
Strategic Alliances, Terremark
"NetApp extends efficiency and flexibility benefits throughout our cloud service portfolio which today includes Infrastructure, DR and Backup/Recovery. By utilizing key capabilities from NetApp such as secure multi-tenancy, customers leveraging our Enterprise Cloud can have their own secure infrastructure island provisioned in about an hour with all the features of an individual, dedicated SAN including Disaster Recovery, scalability, and more. Because the infrastructure is shared we minimize our cost of goods sold and pass these efficiency savings to our customers. The support throughout the service lifecycle from product development to sales and marketing is also a key differentiator and one of the important reasons we chose to partner with NetApp."
NetApp Channel Partners:
John Murphy, executive vice president
and founder, Advanced Systems Group, Inc.
"Our primary goal is to design and deliver IT solutions that give our enterprise customers a competitive business edge. By leveraging cloud services from NetApp Service Provider Partners, we are quickly expanding our solution portfolio, finding new sales opportunities, and engaging with new types of clients without the investment of building our own cloud services. We also are taking advantage of the programs NetApp has built that provide for mutual partnering with our sales teams."
Larry Gentry, president, Custom
"Our objective has always been to provide industry leading IT solutions that provide our enterprise, commercial, and SLED customers a competitive technical advantage-whether they are operating on premise or in an external cloud. Our ability to leverage cloud services from NetApp Service Provider Partners, provided by an industry leader such as Terremark, has enabled us to quickly expand our solution portfolio to meet the needs of our existing customers, find new sales opportunities with new customers, and grow our business without the investment of building our own cloud services."
Chris Aliberti, senior vice president
of National Sales, Insight Integrated Systems
"We are committed to delivering IT solutions that meet the needs of our customers regardless of their physical location. With NetApp as a longstanding partner and our own experts in the field, we have had tremendous success in delivering traditional, cloud-based, and blended data storage solutions that provide a range of compelling benefits. With the new year upon us, we are seeing even more demand for exciting new projects that will further our relationship and grow our leadership in the market."
John Woodall, vice president of
Engineering, Integrated Archive Systems, Inc.
"Our customers are re-tooling their data center strategies to leverage efficiency at all levels of the tech stack and to consolidate on as many dimensions as possible. We believe this strategy for most customers will be a mix of highly efficient, virtualized and integrated "private cloud" initiatives combined with complimentary "public cloud" adoption. IAS's ability to leverage and offer enterprise-grade cloud offerings to our customers via NetApp Service Provider Partners gives us and our customers the flexibility and agility we both are looking for. For IAS, this allows us to provide a richer and deeper set of cloud offerings to our portfolio faster, with lower risk."
Jason Gress, president, InterVision
System Technologies, Inc.
"As the trusted advisor of our enterprise customers, we strive to deliver IT solutions that provide the maximum return on investment whether maintained in the enterprise, or in the cloud. Partnering with NetApp's Cloud Service Provider Partners has empowered us to scale a solutions portfolio based on our customer's needs now and into the future."