The Foundation serves more than 30,000 individual members from over 170 countries around the world with the goal of providing developers and users with a set of shared resources that will grow the footprint of public and private OpenStack clouds.
NetApp has been involved since the earliest days of the OpenStack Community having formally joined in 2011. In 2012, NetApp became a charter member of the OpenStack Foundation and currently holds a Gold Membership, an elected board seat, and leadership positions within the development community.
Highlights of our membership and contributions include:
- First major storage vendor to engage in the community and make contributions available upstream
- Direct upstream contributions to every release since Essex
- Most selected commercial storage option for block and file storage options (2016 OpenStack User Survey)
- Led the creation of the OpenStack Block Storage Service (Cinder) and OpenStack File Share Service (Manila)
- Currently employs the original Project Technical Leads (PTL) for the Cinder and Manila projects.
- Major sponsor of the last 12 OpenStack Design Summits and regularly host and speak at OpenStack Days, Summits and Meetups globally.
For more information on NetApp’s OpenStack Contributions and Solutions please visit thePub.