NetApp participates in standards bodies and industry associations to drive strategic industry technology directions.
We accomplish this through active leadership and participation in various organizations, driving key industry technology directions to ensure that emerging standards meet our business and architectural requirements, while demonstrating our commitment to interoperability and open-systems infrastructures.
NetApp has played a major role in advancing industry standards such as Network File System (NFS), Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP), Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), Storage Management Interface Specification (SMI-S), Simple Public-Key GSS-API Mechanism (SPKM), Encryption Key Management Interchange Protocol (KMIP), and Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI).
We continue to be active in the foundational storage standards of Small Computer System Interface (SCSI), Fibre Channel (FC), and Serial ATA (SATA). At the same time, we are driving new and emerging standards in cybersecurity, solid-state storage, non-volatile memory, power efficiency, virtualization, cloud computing, high-performance computing, and open-source initiatives.
NetApp Industry Participation
Follow the links below for information about the specifics of NetApp’s leadership and participation in various standards bodies and industry associations:
- Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF)
- Ethernet Alliance
- Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA)
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
- Institute of Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Linux Foundation
- OpenStack Foundation
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS)
- Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA)
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Compact Flash Association
- Green Grid
- High Performance Computing Advisory Council
- International Disk Drive Equipment & Materials Association (IDEMA)
- International Standards Organization (ISO)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- InfiniBand Trade Association
- NVMexpress Working Group
- Open Data Center Alliance
- Open Fabrics Alliance
- Open Virtualization Alliance
- PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group (PICMG)
- Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group (PCI-SIG)
- SCSI Trade Association
- Storage Bridge Bay Working Group
- Trusted Computing Group