Coupled with these achievements, NetApp actively participates in the following organizations, highlighting our commitment to reduced power consumption and other aspects of the energy footprint:
- The Green Grid develops meaningful, platform neutral standards, measurement methods, processes, and new technologies to improve the energy efficiency of global data centers.
- The Uptime Institute provides education, publications, consulting, certifications, conferences and seminars, independent research, and thought leadership for the enterprise data center industry and professionals.
- Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV) is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with local government agencies, businesses, and community organizations to identify and address the highest-priority environmental issues.
- Sustainability Roundtable Inc is a private research and consulting company. Their flagship Sustainable Real Estate Roundtable (SRER) service advises companies leading the global move to more sustainable real estate.
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG) involves business executives with government officials at all levels to address major public policy issues affecting the economy and quality of life in Silicon Valley including the housing, transportation, energy, education, the environment, and business and tax policies that keep California and Silicon Valley competitive.
- Moffett Park Business Group (MPBG) is a nonprofit organization acting as a common voice for developers and employers in Sunnyvale, CA, advocating for traffic mitigation solutions and other mutual business interests. NetApp was the founder of MPBG’s Environmental Roundtable, a peer working group seeking to drive sustainable change within our community through collaboration and sharing of best practices.
- NetApp joins the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition - NetApp has been accepted as an applicant member of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), a worldwide association of electronics companies working together to improve social, ethical and environmental responsibility in the global electronics supply chain. As a world leader in storage technology, NetApp supports EICC’s vision and mission and is committed to adopting and implementing EICC’s Code of Conduct internally and within its supply base.