NetApp Certified Backup and Recovery Implementation Engineers have proven skills in positioning NetApp disaster recovery solutions, assessing customer storage requirements, and implementing backup and recovery solutions.
In order to achieve NCIE certification, you must first complete the requirements for the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA), which requires that you pass any of the following:
- NetApp Certified 7-Mode Data Administrator (NS0-155) exam
- NetApp Certified Clustered Data ONTAP Administrator (NS0-156) exam
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator, Clustered Data ONTAP (NS0-157) exam (replaces NS0-156 in May 2015)
If you have already passed the NCIE exam, you must still also pass the NCDA before being granted the NCIE credential.
The new NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – Data Protection exam (NS0-511) will be available in May 2015, and will replace the current NS0-510 exam.
NCIE Logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully obtain NCDA certification, and then pass the NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – Backup and Recovery (NS0-510) exam or the NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – Data Protection (NS0-511) exam.
NetApp Certified Backup and Recovery Implementation Engineer (replaced by NS0-511 in May 2015)
|SAN Fundamentals on Data ONTAP (WBT)|
|SAN Design (WBT)|
|SAN Implementation – Switch Configuration (WBT)|
|NetApp Unified Connect Technical Overview and Implementation (WBT)|
|SAN Implementation (ILT)|
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – Data Protection (available May 2015 – will replace NS0-510)
|Data ONTAP Data Protection Administration (ILT)|
|Technical Overview of SnapVault on Clustered Data ONTAP (WBT)|
|Planning and Installing the SnapProtect Solution (WBT)|
|NetApp Snap Creator Framework Integration and Administration (WBT)|
|Technical Overview of OnCommand Workflow Automation (WBT)|
|Technical Overview of OnCommand Management Solutions (WBT)|
Alternatively, the recommended preparatory training for NS0-510 will prepare candidates to successfully take the new NS0-511 exam.
Note: To enroll in NetApp University training courses, you will need a NetApp Support Site account. Create a NetApp Support Site account.
Register for This Certification Exam
Registration and administration for NetApp certification exams are managed by Pearson VUE.
Register now for this certification exam.
- View the Frequently Asked Questions for NS0-510, NetApp Certified Backup and Recovery Implementation Engineer.
- Review the study guide for NS0-510.
- Take the practice test for NS0-510.
- Study NetApp product descriptions.
- Visit the NetApp Library to review technical manuals, white papers, knowledge base articles, and other relevant information about our products.
- See the NetApp University Learning Map for a complete list of NetApp University training courses.
- Have a question? Contact us.