Flexibility and Efficiency with FCoE
FCoE–combining the Fibre Channel protocol and an enhanced 10-Gigabit Ethernet physical transport–expands options for SAN connectivity and networking. NetApp is the first to offer data storage systems with native FCoE support.
Ethernet storage simplifies data management and reduces TCO. NetApp® native FCoE and FC storage systems let you migrate to a unified Ethernet infrastructure over time, while preserving your storage investments.
Multiprotocol Access with NetApp Unified Connect
NetApp Unified Connect supports FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, and CIFS protocols concurrently over a shared network port using the NetApp unified target adapter. This unified storage approach helps you build a flexible and efficient shared infrastructure today as your foundation for future-ready IT.
We deliver tested and qualified FCoE solutions with leading partners through NetApp Ethernet Advantage, a first-of-its-kind interoperability program dedicated to accelerating your FCoE deployment.
To learn more about how our FCoE solutions can help you consolidate I/O and reduce costs, here are some resources you may want to explore:
- Overview of Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) (PDF)
- FCoE Deployment Guide: NetApp-Cisco-QLogic (PDF)
- NetApp Unified Ethernet Storage Evaluation Report (PDF)
- Achieving Network Convergence: Deploying FCoE into the Data Center (PDF)
- Top Reasons to Choose NetApp for FCoE SAN Solutions (PDF)
- NetApp FCoE SAN Solutions (PDF)
- NetApp play-by-play video: Benefits of I/O convergence with FCoE
- NetApp play-by-play video: Benefits of Unified Connect