View Financial Tables (PDF)
Net Revenues of $1.39 Billion; GAAP EPS of $0.52 and Non-GAAP EPS of $0.70
- Announced acquisition of SolidFire™
- NetApp™ clustered Data ONTAP™ node shipments increased 69% year over year
- Free cash flow of $314 million dollars; 23% of net revenues
- Initiated transformation program to reduce cost structure of the company
Sunnyvale, Calif.—February 17, 2016—NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today reported financial results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2016, ended January 29, 2016.
Third Quarter Financial Results
Net revenues for the third quarter of fiscal year 2016 were $1.39 billion. GAAP net income for the third quarter of fiscal year 2016 was $153 million, or $0.52 income per share , compared to GAAP net income of $177 million, or $0.56 income per share, for the comparable period of the prior year. Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter of fiscal year 2016 was $206 million, or $0.70 income per share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $238 million, or $0.75 income per share, for the comparable period of the prior year.
Cash, Cash Equivalents and Investments
NetApp ended the third quarter of fiscal year 2016 with $5.0 billion in total cash, cash equivalents and investments and generated $355 million in cash from operations. During the third quarter of fiscal year 2016, the Company returned $137 million to shareholders through share repurchases and a cash dividend. The next dividend in the amount of $0.18 per common share will be paid on April 27, 2016, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on April 8, 2016. "NetApp’s third quarter results demonstrate good progress in advancing our strategy and strong operational execution despite the challenging macroeconomic environment," said George Kurian, CEO. "To position NetApp for long-term success, we launched a transformation program designed to streamline the business and reduce our cost structure, while at the same time, maintaining our ability to invest in strategic opportunities. We are confident that we have the right strategy to further pivot the company toward the growth areas of the market and deliver long-term value."
Q4 Fiscal Year 2016 Outlook
The Company provided the following financial guidance for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2016:
- Net revenues are expected to be in the range of $1.35 billion to $1.50 billion.
- GAAP earnings per share is expected to be in the range of $0.12 to $0.21 per share.
- Non-GAAP earnings per share is expected to be in the range of $0.55 to $0.60 per share.
- NetApp Is the Clear Technology Leader in the All-Flash-Array Market
- Accelerates customer adoption of all-flash data centers with SolidFire. With the acquisition of SolidFire, NetApp now has all-flash offerings that address each of the three largest all-flash-array market segments. SolidFire combines the performance and economics of all-flash storage with a webscale architecture that radically simplifies data center operations and enables rapid deployments of new applications. SolidFire products will be incorporated into the strategy for the Data Fabric enabled by NetApp, delivering seamless management across flash, disk and cloud resources.
- NetApp flash storage improves student and faculty experience. With NetApp solutions, Western Oregon University (WOU) speeds educational, operational and financial decisions, while enhancing online collaboration benefits.
- Performance of flash at the price of disk. NetApp’s new software efficiency technology and higher capacity drives within the NetApp All Flash FAS array series make it now possible for customers to reduce capacity requirements by as much as 30:1.
- The Data Fabric Vision Is Extended with New Solutions, Services and Partnerships
NetApp provides customers with the enterprise data protection that they need to confidently embrace the hybrid cloud. With NetApp SnapCenter™, StorageGRID™ Webscale, NetApp Private Storage, NetApp MetroCluster ™ and NetApp SnapMirror™ disaster recovery solutions; as well as Commvault IntelliSnap, NetApp customers can now build a new generation of hybrid cloud services designed to move, manage, and protect data.
Webcast and Conference Call Information
NetApp will host a conference call to discuss these results today at 2 p.m. Pacific Time. To access the live webcast of this event, visit the NetApp Investor Relations website at investors.netapp.com. In addition, this press release, historical supplemental data tables and other information related to the call will be posted on the Investor Relations website. An audio replay will also be available on the website after 4 p.m. Pacific Time today.
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future. To learn more, visit www.netapp.com.
|Press Contact:||Investor Contact:|
1 (408) 822-1389
1 (408) 822-3312