NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN, ONTAP
The NS0-519 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
The NCIE-SAN, ONTAP (NS0-519) exam includes the following topics:
ONTAP® SAN solution assessment
- Identify that all prerequisites for the installation of NetApp® system, hosts, and FCP/FCoE switches are verified.
- Identify a detailed inventory of SAN components
- Describe the solution design and the hardware provisioned to meet customer’s requirements and expectations.
ONTAP SAN planning
- Identify environmental and physical considerations
- Describe storage controller configuration concepts
- Describe switch configuration concepts
- Describe host configuration concepts
- Describe storage space utilization or management concepts
ONTAP SAN implementation and configuration
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system node configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of SVM configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system FCP or NVMe configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system iSCSI configuration tasks
- Describe how to configure switches
- Describe how to configure host systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of storage space utilization or management concepts
ONTAP SAN implementation testing and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate knowledge of testing tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting tasks
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer –SAN, E-Series
The NS0-515 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
The NCIE-SAN, E-Series (NS0-515) exam includes the following topics:
- Describe how to setup alerting and notification for the E-Series system.
- Describe how to create and administer Volume Groups or DDP and associated volumes.
- Describe physical and logical storage requirements.
- Describe the setup of CHAP for an iSCSI environment.
- Describe when to use DDP or Volume Groups.
- Describe the process of reviewing and preparing a site for implementation of E-Series.
- Describe the information you give a customer after deploying a solution.
- Describe the hardware components in an E-Series storage system.
- Describe Fibre Channel, Ethernet, Infiniband and SAS cabling.
- Describe the appropriate tasks for adding additional storage to an E-Series system.
- Describe drive encryption features.
- Describe the different host connection options for E-Series systems.
- Describe how to configure hosts for multipathing.
- Describe the administrative tasks for managing E-Series systems with SANtricity System Manager.
- Describe the management security features in SANtricity System Manager and SANtricity Unified Manager.
- Describe when and how to configure and use SANtricity Unified Manager.
- Describe the tools required to design and implement an E-Series solution.
- Describe how Data Assurance with media scan protects your data.
- Describe SANtricity data protection features.
- Describe the end-to-end network configuration for Fibre Channel and Ethernet.
- Demonstrate the steps for troubleshooting an E-Series system.
- Demonstrate how to analyze multipathing issues between a host and an E-Series system.
Your results will be available in CertCenter two (2) to five (5) business days after you complete your exam.
Have a question? Contact us.