Communiqués de presse
Les solutions et services AltaVault permettent aux entreprises de tirer tous les bénéfices du cloud, sans avoir à repenser de manière intégrale leurs investissements actuels et leur stratégie de sauvegarde de données.
- Encore aujourd’hui, les outils de sauvegarde de données sont lents, coûteux, complexes et comportent des risques. Les entreprises souhaitent bénéficier de solutions optimales et d’un système de restauration instantané, mais ont encore trop souvent des difficultés à se détacher des solutions traditionnelles. Pour répondre à ces enjeux, NetApp introduit NetApp® AltaVault®, anciennement SteelStore : des services et solutions de stockage de données intégrés au Cloud.
- La solution AltaVault en bref :
- Réduction des volumes de données jusqu'à 30 fois. Accélération du temps de transfert des données jusqu'à 4 fois.
- Intégration avec les principales solutions de sauvegarde logicielles et les fournisseurs de stockage cloud leaders.
- Sécurité et conformité des données dans le cloud. Réduction des risques.
- NetApp met un point d’honneur à apporter conseil et suivi quant à la sécurisation des données et la mise en place de la stratégie IT.
Akira Tai, Cadre supérieur et Directeur Général chez Konica Minolta, et Dominic Silvia, Directeur de l’IT chez Blach Construction témoignent de la qualité des solutions NetApp AltaVault.
Vous trouverez ci-dessous le communiqué complet en version anglaise.
NetApp Challenges The Status Quo with New AltaVault Cloud-Integrated Backup and Restore Solutions
New AltaVault® solutions and services help customers unlock cloud economics, while preserving existing investments in their backup strategy
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — May 27, 2015— In today’s business environment, traditional backup is slow, risky, expensive, and complex. Users expect instant recovery and minimal data loss, but IT struggles to keep pace using legacy backup and recovery strategies. To meet these demands, today NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTAP) introduced NetApp® AltaVault®, previously SteelStore, cloud-integrated storage solutions and services, which will provide customers with the ability to quickly backup data to any cloud at up to 90 percent less cost than on-premises solutions.
The enterprise backup storage footprint is growing, yet budgets and acquisition costs remain flat and bandwidth costs and constraints become more acute with larger datasets. Adding to these challenges, many organizations still rely on tape, increasing the risk of lost media in transport and leading to increased downtime, data loss and the inability to adequately test disaster recovery procedures.
“A hybrid cloud backup strategy incorporating NetApp AltaVault solutions delivers compelling economics, speed and security so organizations can meet their backup and recovery service levels,” said Phil Brotherton, vice president, Cloud Solutions Group, NetApp. “Data lifecycle solutions like AltaVault are key elements of NetApp’s vision for a data fabric, which gives customers the confidence that no matter where their data lives, they can control, integrate, move, secure and consistently manage it.”
“Nearly half of organizations, when asked if they could start over, would change their approach to data protection,” says Jason Buffington, senior analyst for data protection at ESG. “And for many, ‘the cloud’ will be part of that data protection transformation. In fact, 88 percent of respondents to a recent ESG survey cited ‘cloud extensibility’ as important, very important or critical for their future data protection strategy. Customers of all sizes that are looking to easily add cloud-storage to their existing (or new) data protection topology would be well served to look at cloud-gateways that are specifically designed for data protection scenarios – like NetApp’s AltaVault.”
The new AltaVault solution, which includes physical, virtual (VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V), and cloud-based (AWS and Azure) appliances, addresses the customers challenges while integrating with existing backup software to preserve prior investments. Benefits include:
- Industry-Leading Data Reduction: inline deduplication and compression, resulting in up to a 30:1 data reduction ratio, which means less data is stored in the cloud allowing the customer to send it there more quickly.
- Extended Choice: AltaVault now offers the flexibility to choose the scalable offering that is right for you: physical, virtual, or cloud-based appliances in the AWS or Azure clouds. AltaVault appliances are more than six times more scalable than those of any other competitor in the cloud-integrated storage market, meaning organizations can store more critical data, and get it back more quickly when needed.
- Seamless integration: AltaVault integrates easily with NetApp SnapProtect® and the backup software of the customer’s choosing. AltaVault solutions and services can send backup data to all leading public and private cloud storage providers.
Our new AltaVault solutions will include an extended services offering and help optimize IT operations by providing performance support for the backup and archive environment throughout knowledge transfer, on-site and remote troubleshooting and customized proactive care. In addition, NetApp experts will help customers’ build a roadmap for data protection that aligns to their business needs and requirements and identify and prioritize data that is suitable for the cloud. The outcome is a solution-based proposal with actionable recommendations tied to an overall cloud strategy.
Services from NetApp and its partners help customers take advantage of AltaVault’s cloud capabilities, which include cloud strategy workshops, along with design, implementation and support services to simplify overall data protection processes and optimize backup and archive performance.
"At Konica Minolta, we were looking for a reliable data-recovery solution for our mission-critical systems in the event of a major disaster in Japan, ultimately to improve our business continuity. NetApp AltaVault [formally “NetApp SteelStore”] has strengthened our disaster recovery capability, and furthermore, it reduced the related costs by shifting our data backup destination of mission-critical system to an offshore public cloud. We deployed NetApp AltaVault without having to make any change to our existing system, and now move data easily and rapidly between the public cloud and on-premise as needed,” said Akira Tai, Executive Officer and General Manager, Corporate IT Planning Division, Konica Minolta, Inc.
“Data storage became our first foray into the public cloud, with our remote job sites it made sense to utilize the cloud as a backup repository. With access to a public cloud way we wouldn’t have to invest in more hardware to accommodate our growing storage,” said Dominic Silvia, director of IT, Blach Construction. “By choosing AltaVault, we knew we had a solution that would provide more value over the long term than other competitive solutions. We now save time that is better served improving IT infrastructure at job sites, so that our offsite employees have access to advanced technology solutions.”
NetApp AltaVault AVA400 physical appliances and AVA-8, AVA-16, and AVA-32 virtual appliances on ESX and Hyper-V are currently available for purchase from NetApp and NetApp resellers. AltaVault cloud-based appliances are currently available for purchase on the AWS and Azure marketplaces, respectively. The AVA800 physical appliances are planned to be available in Q3 2015.
- Read what NetApp’s customers are saying about its Hybrid Cloud portfolio.
- Learn more about today’s announcement on NetApp 360.
- For additional details regarding AltaVault, visit here.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter.
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp® for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future. To learn more visit www.netapp.com
Isaure Cointreau & Nina Verocai
H+K Strategies pour NetApp
01 41 05 44 19 / 01 41 05 44 55
Comparing on-premises caching capabilities