Data ONTAP 7.1 Solution Information
StorageTek/Cisco TapeSAN Solutions for:
The StorageTek solutions for fibre channel TapeSAN with Cisco switches are listed below. All components are described in the table below. For information about switch configurations, please visit our Cisco switch page.
|Platforms||NetApp platforms: F800, FAS900 Series, FAS270, FAS3000 Series
V-Series (formerly gFiler): GF825, GF900, GF270c Series
NearStore: R100, R150, R200
|Adapter Cards||Qlogic 2342 only|
|Switches||Cisco 9120, 9140 (min fw 1.3(4a))
Cisco 9216 (min fw 1.3(4a))
Cisco 9506, 9509 (min fw 1.3(4a))
|Bridge||Crossroads 4250 (min fw 2009b), 10k (min fw 4.03.25)|
|NDMP Applications||Veritas: NetBackup 5.x and NDMP module.
Tivoli Storage Manager 5.3.3
- Install Data ONTAP 6.5.2.
- Install 2342 Qlogic Adapter
- Switch must have a valid VSAN or the default VSAN should be used
- Must create a valid zone for NetApp platform and library
- Refer to Cisco Switch Documentation for switch configuration specifics
- Only NetApp platform and tape library are allowed in the zone
- Filer port must be set as an F port