NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans beginning the first day of regular employment.
- Traditional PPO Plan: The Traditional Plan is a familiar, classic PPO. You have full coverage for preventive care in-network and pay for other expenses through copays, coinsurance and your deductible. The Traditional Plan provides in- and out-of-network coverage for health care services.
- Health Savings Plan: This is a PPO plan with a high deductible that is paired with a tax-advantaged health savings account (HSA) .You have full coverage for preventive care in-network and pay for other expenses through your deductible and coinsurance. You’ll get coverage for in- and out-of-network health care with the Health Savings Plan.
- Kaiser HMO: Kaiser HMO is available to employees located in California. With the Kaiser HMO, you have a copayment for most services. You do not have to meet a deductible or pay coinsurance. To receive benefits, however, you must use doctors and hospitals in the plan’s network (except in an emergency).
Dental, Vision, Wellness, and Family Programs
- Dental Plan: The NetApp Dental Plan lets you see the dentist of your choice and enjoy the same benefit coverage anywhere.
- Vision Plan: Benefits within the network include an eye examination and prescription glasses (lenses and frames).
- Wellness Programs: A wide range of wellness benefits are available to all employees.
- Best Doctors: A second-opinion service with access to medical advice from the world’s leading physicians.
Insurance and Income Protection Programs
- Short-Term Disability (STD): When you can't work due to injury or illness, this employer-paid program provides income protection for you and your family.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD): LTD provides extended peace of mind, starting coverage when STD ends after the 90th day of disability.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: Basic Life and AD&D insurance are provided at no cost to you.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Optional coverage is also available, for a benefit of up to eight times your salary. Coverage is also available for your spouse or domestic partner and for your children.
Financial and Savings Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): NetApp offers you a variety of flexible spending accounts (FSAs) to help with qualified out-of-pocket expenses throughout the year. You can contribute pre-tax dollars to the accounts, to help cover qualified health care, day care, mass transit and/or parking expenses.
- Limited Purpose FSA: If you are contributing to a health savings account (HSA), you are ineligible to enroll in NetApp’s “general purpose” health care FSA, but may participate in the “limited purpose” FSA to pay for qualified dental and vision expenses.
- 401(k) Plan: The NetApp 401(k) plan features an employer match. A broad range of investment options are available to suit your needs and investment style.
- Employee Stock Purchase: The Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows all regular employees who work more than 20 hours per week to purchase NetApp stock through accumulated payroll deductions twice a year.
- Time Off: Paid vacation time increases based on years of service. Time off also includes 10 paid holidays and sick time.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) supports employees who choose to serve their communities, offering up to five days a year with full pay for time off spent performing volunteer work.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Employees can get free, confidential assistance with issues such as individual or family counseling, work/life conflicts, and legal and financial services.
- Educational Assistance: The Tuition Reimbursement Plan, covers expenses for accredited coursework. NetApp University also offers a wide range of free professional development resources.
- Prepaid Legal Plan: This voluntary plan provides covered legal services, consultations on the telephone, in-person consultations, document preparation, and representation in many frequently needed legal matters.
More Benefits Programs
NetApp offers many more programs and services that go beyond the usual. Here are some of the most popular:
- Discounts are provided to theme parks, ski resorts, and specialty shops.
- Two Credit Unions offer savings and convenience.
- NetApp Benefits Service Center provides specific, timely answers to benefits questions as well as claims advocacy.
- Fitness Centers are offered at many locations with state of the art facilities at no cost to employees.
- Adoption Assistance - Supports our employees who pursue this route to parenthood.
*Note: full details are available on all benefits offerings to prospective hires and employees. Information contained here is intended to provide a high-level overview and summary. If there is any conflict between this summary and the official plan documents, the official plan documents will govern.