The NS0-512 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
NetApp Replication Technology
The passing score for this exam is 65% (39 of 60 items answered correctly).
The NS0-512 exam includes the following topics:
Planning Data Protection Implementation
- Describe how NetApp replication technology works.
- Describe how high-availability configurations work
- Identify the difference between synchronous and asynchronous replication for applications and VM
Configuring Data Protection Software
- Identify data protection solutions.
- Demonstrate how to apply guidelines and use tools.
- Describe the implementation steps for application- and virtualization-specific workloads, including Snapshot retention policies.
- Demonstrate how to develop a course of action to recover customer data after a disaster.
- Identify how to implement security related to data protection.
- Describe how to plan for Data Protection in the data fabric.
Operating Data Protection Deployments
- Describe how to configure Snapshots, SnapMirror, SnapVault or MetroCluster.
- Identify which tool to use to set up storage and schedule policies.
- Demonstrate how to back up or restore data.
- Demonstrate how to locate and protect unprotected volumes.
- Describe how to use WorkFlow Automator (WFA) products to orchestrate failover and failback for application servers.
- Describe how to monitor primary and secondary storage capacities.
- Describe how to use external backup applications.
- Describe how to verify that backup and replication jobs are up-to-date.
- Demonstrate how to validate that a backup can be restored.
- Describe strategies for implementing NetApp data protection products in the data fabric.
- Describe how to calculate transfer time based on the customer's available bandwidth and latency distance for NetApp data protection products.
- Describe storage efficiency for data protection.
- Describe automation policies for managing volume capacity.
- Describe monitoring and reporting concepts.