Where do I go to access the nomination form?
The nomination form is at NetApp Innovation Awards 2013.
How do I submit a nomination?
All nominations must be submitted online, and no nominations will be accepted in any other format.
Who fills out the forms?
Customers can nominate themselves or be nominated by NetApp sales, channel, or technology partners; other companies; or colleagues.
What are the category descriptions?
Pioneer: Innovative small and midsize companies (100-1,000 employees) have transformed IT into a competitive asset, enabling their organizations to drive and respond quickly to business growth, while doing more with less for cost-efficient operation. Lower TCO and increased agility have allowed them to drive product/service innovation, get to market more quickly than competitors, and capitalize on opportunities by expanding into new markets.
Go Beyond: Customers with an eye on cloud services innovation have challenged the status quo, successfully moving applications and desktops to the cloud where they can deliver IT services quickly and cost-efficiently, thereby transforming IT cost centers into platforms for growth and success.
Visionary Leadership (Game Changers): Visionary Leadership highlights the people who have broken down barriers between IT and the business/organization, turning technology innovation into a major driver of success. These visionaries are leading the movement to an agile data infrastructure to deliver impact faster, maintain nonstop operations, and ensure seamless scalability. Respected by people inside and outside their organizations, these individuals are viewed as true innovators.
How many categories can one company enter?
As many as appropriate.
How much information do I have to provide?
It's important to include a succinct overview of the challenges faced, the solution deployed, and the business outcome within the word count limits specified. The judges will want to understand why this company or this individual is deserving of the award. To see a sample of a winning nomination, click here.
Do I include my contact information on the form as well?
Yes. Please include your information as the person submitting the nomination form in the first section of the form.
Does the customer need to divulge proprietary information on its deployment to the public?
Winning companies and individuals must agree to the use of their name and likeness in a press announcement and marketing collateral. However, winners will not be required to detail their deployment to the public.
How are the winners selected?
A third-party judging panel will select the winners using the following criteria:
- Business benefits: The nominee realized significant measurable business benefits from being built on a NetApp foundation.
- Business results: The nominee's business process was affected in an impactful and positive way by NetApp products.
- Solving business challenges: This submission was a compelling illustration of how technology enabled visible and quantifiable change within the business—most notably by improving the lives of customers or changing the trajectory of the business.
- Innovation: The NetApp implementation was innovative or created innovation for the nominee.
Do the winners need to be present to receive their award?
Winners must have a representative available to send to San Jose and be present to accept the award at a ceremony on June 11-13, 2013; allow for travel from June 11-14, 2013. NetApp will pay travel expenses, including accommodations, for the winners. If the winners cannot attend the awards ceremony, they will forfeit their entry and winnings.
What do the winners receive?
- Two roundtrip tickets to San Jose, California, and accommodations for three nights' stay to attend the awards event in San Jose, California June 11-13, 2013
- Hand-crafted, prestigious award presented during an awards ceremony
- An exclusive Innovation Awards winner dinner with NetApp executives
- Public recognition and visibility in the industry
Where and when will the awards ceremony take place?
In San Jose, California June 11-13, 2013; allow for travel from June 11-14, 2013.
What is the deadline to submit nomination forms?
All nominations must be received by midnight U.S Pacific Time on Tuesday, January 8, 2013.
Whom do I contact for more information?
Contact us at email@example.com.