Flash-based storage improves I/O performance and efficiency for many applications, including database acceleration, server and desktop virtualization, and cloud infrastructure. NetApp® end-to-end flash options—both hybrid flash/HDD systems and all-flash arrays—optimize enterprise storage for application-specific and shared storage environments.
Our flash-based solutions help you:
- Speed overall IT performance.
- Boost responsiveness of performance-critical applications.
- Reduce power costs and overprovisioning.
- Use more high-capacity, low-cost SATA drives.
- Improve utilization of your data center space.
NetApp's out-of-the-box deployment protects existing IT investments: Achieve your flash-based goals without changing your IT infrastructure management processes. Rely on NetApp's proven, trusted enterprise-class reliability.
NetApp integrates flash technology across all our FAS, FlexArray, EF, and E-Series storage platforms, optimized to leverage each platform's strengths, and we also offer dedicated all-flash arrays.
NetApp hybrid flash solutions include:
- Virtual Storage Tier (VST) technology, NetApp's automated storage tiering (AST) approach for systems using the NetApp Data ONTAP® storage OS
- Flash Cache controller-attached PCIe intelligent caching for FAS and V-Series systems
- Flash Pool SSD-based intelligent caching for FAS and V-Series systems
- SSD Cache intelligent caching for E-Series systems
NetApp all-flash storage solutions include:
- EF-Series is designed for performance-driven applications requiring extremely low latency, IOPS density, >99.9999% availability, and compelling price/performance.
- All-flash FAS configurations combine low-latency performance with feature-rich management, built-in efficiencies, integrated data protection, scale-out flexibility, and nondisruptive operations.
- FlashRay is a new architecture that's purpose-built for flash to deliver ultralow-latency performance, inline storage efficiency, and robust management.
To find out how NetApp can help you deploy flash storage in the best ways for your environment, contact your NetApp representative.