NetApp has accumulated numerous sustainability awards and recognition over the years, including receiving the first-ever ENERGY STAR® rating for a data centre, recognition as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters in 2012, winning the California Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP) award four years in a row, and rating in the top 20 among Technology Equipment companies listed in Newsweek’s 2012 Green Rankings.
- The Green Grid develops meaningful, platform-neutral standards, measurement methods, processes and new technologies to improve the energy efficiency of global data centres.
- The Uptime Institute provides education, publications, consulting, certifications, conferences and seminars, independent research and thought leadership for the enterprise data centre industry and professionals.
- Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV) is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with local government agencies, businesses and community organisations.
- Sustainability Roundtable Inc. is a private, mission-driven research and consulting firm dedicated to accelerating the development and adoption of best practices in more sustainable business.
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG) involves business executives with government officials at all levels to address major public policy issues affecting the economy and quality of life in Silicon Valley.
- Moffett Park Business Group (MPBG) is a non-profit organisation representing developers and employers in Sunnyvale, California, advocating for traffic mitigation solutions and other mutual business interests.
- The Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) is a worldwide association of electronics companies working to improve social, ethical and environmental responsibility in the global electronics supply chain.