NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 software delivers a unified storage platform for scalability and flexibility and features clustering capabilities to keep your business running nonstop. Data ONTAP paves the way for customers deploying Software-Defined Data Centers PDF, which cut through the performance, availability, and efficiency limits of traditional hardware-silo models.
More customers use Data ONTAP than any other storage operating system[*] because it enables business agility with no disruption to operations. In a single, feature-rich platform, clustered Data ONTAP lets you scale your infrastructure without increasing IT staff. Benefits include:
- Perform storage maintenance, hardware lifecycle operations, and software upgrades without interrupting your business.
- Eliminate planned and unplanned downtime for continuous business availability.
- Drive pervasive storage-cost reductions by using the most comprehensive storage efficiency offering in the industry.
- Save time and money by consolidating and sharing the same infrastructure for workloads or tenants with different performance, capacity, and security requirements.
- Scale capacity, performance, and operations without compromise, regardless of application.
- Scale SAN and NAS from terabytes to tens of petabytes without reconfiguring running applications.
Learn more. Read the Clustered Data ONTAP datasheet PDF.
It's Time to Virtualize Your Business-Critical Applications
Watch this on-demand TechTalk webcast.
NetApp Unified Scale-Out Storage
This Silverton Consulting report details how our clustering software can help you scale.
Building the next generation of Storage
Build your future services-enabled ecosystem with scale-out storage. This ESG white paper explains how.
[*] Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker Q4 2012, March 2013 (Open Networked Disk Storage Systems revenue).