The NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 storage operating system delivers a scalable, shared infrastructure that enables you to store more data in less space, so you can retain data on disk for longer periods of time. Data ONTAP 8 also offers clustering capabilities that can reduce both capital and operational costs associated with power and cooling.
Efficient Space Utilization
- Replicate data volumes and datasets as space-saving virtual clones.
- Use transparent inline and post-process data compression for data reduction.
- Remove redundant data objects with general-purpose deduplication.
- Reduce cost per TB by up to 46% by enabling the use of SATA technology.
- Lower acquisition costs by using ‘just-in-time’ storage with built-in thin provisioning.
- Maximize your shared-storage investments by taking advantage of native multi-tenancy and QoS features designed for multiple workloads and tenants.
Learn how Data ONTAP efficiency features can help you improve overall IT efficiency.
Learn more about NetApp storage efficiency features: