Volunteer Time Off
Our unique Volunteer Time Off (VTO) program enables each employee to volunteer up to five consecutive days per year, with full pay, during regular business hours to support the nonprofit organizations or schools of their choice. In calendar year 2012, 2,942 NetApp employees around the world donated 49,058 hours of volunteer time during business hours valued at $2,725,607, a 30% increase over the previous year.
NetApp Volunteer Network
Employees are encouraged to invite a charitable organization of their choice to visit our office and share information about their role in the community. Here is a sample of the organizations our employees support as volunteers or board members:
Alzheimer’s Association, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, Asian American Donor Program, American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America, Children International, Children's Health Council, Gastric Cancer Fund, Girl Scouts of America, Greater Boston Food Bank, Food Bank of North Carolina, Family Giving Tree, Full Circle Farm, Habitat for Humanity, Humane Society of Silicon Valley, Junior Achievement, Montalvo Arts Center, Pittsburgh Food Bank, Rebuilding Together, Resource Area for Teaching (RAFT), Sacred Heart Community Service, Second Harvest Food Bank, St. Baldrick’s, Sunnyvale Community Services, The Tech Museum of Innovation and many others.
As a member of the Council on Foundations, Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship, Corporate Community Relations Consortium, Entrepreneurs Foundation, and Silicon Valley Leadership Group, we embrace collaboration and best practices opportunities with other global corporations.
NetApp is proud of its commitment to making our communities strong and vibrant places to live and work, and have been honored with the following awards in recognition of our ongoing efforts to support our nonprofit partners:
- American Cancer Society Corporate Champion Award (2007-2009)
- American Heart Association Corporate Sponsor Award (2007-2009); Top Fundraising Company (2007, 2008, 2009); Outstanding Company Leader Award (2008); Most Inspirational Company (2008); Top Fundraiser for the American Heart Walk (2007-2009)
- American Red Cross Clara Barton Society Award (2007-2009); Circle of Humanitarians Award (2005)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Outstanding Corporate Grant Maker (2008)
- Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy International Philanthropy Day Award in recognition of Volunteer Time Off program (2009)
- Entrepreneurs Foundation honored Executive Chairman Dan Warmenhoven with its Visionary Award, and NetApp with its Leadership Award (2010)
- Family Giving Tree Golden Snow Globe Award (2007-2010)
- San Francisco Business Times Bay Area’s Top Corporate Philanthropists (2006-2013)
- Second Harvest Food Bank Outstanding Food Drive Donor Award (2004-2009); Share Your Lunch Award (2009-2010); “5 Million Pounds Club” for donating the equivalent of five million pounds of food (2011)
- Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal Top Corporate Philanthropists (2006-2013)
- Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal “Beyond the Checkbook” Impact Award for NetApp's Volunteer Time Off program (2008)