Mobile desktop solutions let you deploy and manage virtual desktop environments from a central location, so users can access their desktops and share files securely over a standard network infrastructure. But higher storage costs and an inflexible storage infrastructure can offset desktop virtualization's many advantages.
With NetApp® storage solutions, you can:
- Reduce Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) storage costs by deduplicating redundant data stored across virtual desktops, user directories, and backup and DR copies.
- Provision thousands of virtual desktops in minutes with almost-instant, low-overhead storage cloning.
- Provide anywhere, anytime access to data, with "always-on" storage availability, automated disaster recovery, and fast access to desktops.
- Eliminate boot or login storms with performance acceleration.
- Back up all virtual desktops and user data; keep a cost-effective daily history of every desktop, for months or years.
- Provide nondisruptive access to desktops and data with the NetApp clustered Data ONTAP® OS.
Learn how you can grow your virtual desktop environment with NetApp flexibility, high availability, and cost effectiveness: